• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 - QF Pick the Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Time for the Balls on the Line:

One thread to make it easy. The teams are in the process of being announced, and at the time of posting the NZRT, Pumas, Paddy's, Men in Gold and Les Frog have yet to do so. The referees are known, and with a forecast of 13 degrees and rain on Saturday, 13 and overcast on Sunday in Wellington, with the same in Auckland but 3 degrees warmer, the Weather is likely to be a factor in some of the matches.

The purpose of this thread is to consolidate all our wild arse predictions on one thread.

A couple of "RULES"
Rule 1. Please resist the temptation to justify your picks in long diatribes, there are threads already established for you to wang on at whatever length you desire about who is going to win and why, use them. Max of two sentences per QF.

Rule 2. Please resist the temptation to bag the bejesus out of another posters tips. Especially before the scores are actually known. Humble pie does not taste too nice. Again take the debate to the respective QF threads.

A "Hail Fellow Well Done" will be awarded to the most accurate prediction.

QF 1 IRE v WAL
QF 2 ENG v FRA
QF 3 RSA v AUS
QF 4 NZL v ARG

While I would like to wait until the teams are announced, for the purpose of kicking things of and to set the tone of the thread:

QF 1 IRE v WAL - Wales by 4. Close battle across many areas, but I sense that the Red outside backs will be too strong. Match of the round, and a pity to see one of these teams depart so early.

QF 2 ENG v FRA - France by 6. Head says Poms, but I just can't bring myself to tip for them. Frogs playing awful footy so far but you never know which team is going to turn up on the day.

QF 3 RSA v AUS - Wobs by 10 if it is dry. Time for our rabble to man up and do the deed. The weather will be a factor, and the team to adapt to Bryce the quickest will determine success.

QF 4 NZL v ARG - NZRT by 22. Close at 1/2 time with the Darkness dominating the second stanza. The Pumas backs will struggle to get across the chalk, and the Darkness should comfortably contain the Pumas forwards.

J

Jumpers

Wales by 6 points
England by 9 points
South Africa by 5 points
NZ by 30 points

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wales by 3 - Hopefully a try fest and winning drop goal in the 79th minute.
England by 9 - Boring rugby, 6 point lead at half-time to England followed by 40mins of boredom and a penalty.
Wallabies by 7 - Just do it please. Genia-Quade-Ioane masterpiece followed by a dance.
New Zealand by 15 - 3 unconverted tries the difference, McCaw, Kahui, Franks and Kaino to get injured.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
QF 1 IRE 13 v WAL 17
QF 2 ENG 9 v FRA 21
QF 3 RSA 18 v AUS 22
QF 4 NZL 41 v ARG 6

B

Buckhard

QF1 - WAL by 7
QF2 - ENG by 19
QF3 - SA by 6 (Sorry fellas I'm predicting rain)
QF4 - NZ by 10 (with the win coming in the last 10mins with weepu at 10)

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Wales by 8
Eng by 9
SA by 12
NZ by 23

I will get the average scores of this thread and i will be down to the TAB Saturday Afternoon. Bar the SA game scores too much heart in the predictive scores....

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
QF 1 IRE v WAL - Wales by 12
QF 2 ENG v FRA - France by 9
QF 3 RSA v AUS - Australia by 8
QF 4 NZL v ARG - Darkness by 20

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wales by 3 - Hopefully a try fest and winning drop goal in the 79th minute.
England by 9 - Boring rugby, 6 point lead at half-time to England followed by 40mins of boredom and a penalty.
Wallabies by 7 - Just do it please. Genia-Quade-Ioane masterpiece followed by a dance.
New Zealand by 15 - 3 unconverted tries the difference, McCaw, Kahui, Franks and Kaino to get injured.
Wishing injuries on people is wrong, just plain fucking wrong; hope you would feel good about yourself if one of them was permanently paralysed. Rugby is a fucking dangerous game and doesn't need pricks sat in the stands hoping people get hurt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.