• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool B - Scotland, Romania, England, Georgia, Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
We anticipate that there could be a plethora of threads for the RWC. Therefore, with some exceptions, we suggest that all pool matches be commented on in their pool thread, otherwise we could have nearly 50 threads for matches alone.

There will be separate threads for those games highlighted, and, if events make subsequent matches an exciting prospect then others will be added. There will be separate threads for Quarter-Final games and above, and all Wallabies games.

Use these pool threads to preview and discuss the matches and how the pools are panning out. There will be other threads to discuss other matters.

Pool B [Times are AEST]

Sat Sept 10 - 11.00 - Scotland v Romania - Invercargill - Rugby Park Stadium
Sat Sept 10 - 18.30 - Argentina v England – Dunedin - Otago Stadium
Wed Sept 14 17.30 - Scotland v Georgia – Dunedin - Otago Stadium
Sat Sept 17 13.30 - Argentina v Romania - Invercargill - Rugby Park Stadium
Sun Sept 18 16.00 - England v Georgia – Dunedin - Otago Stadium
Sat Sept 24 16.00 - England v Romania – Dunedin - Otago Stadium
Sun Sept 25 18.30 - Argentina v Scotland - Wellington - Wellington Regional Stadium
Wed Sept 28 17.30 - Georgia v Romania - Palmerston North - Arena Manawatu
Sat October 1 18.30 England v Scotland - Auckland - Eden Park
Sun October 2 11.00 Argentina v Georgia - Palmerston North - Arena Manawatu

All games are on Fox live. There are no live games on Channel 9.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Cracking pool. Battle of the forwards all the way. ARG or ENG to win it. But SCO and GEO could cause an upset if ARG aren't on their game.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Romania aren't off to a great start.

Romania's World Cup plans have been hurt by the late withdrawal of star winger Catalin Fercu because he can't face the 40-hour flight to New Zealand. The Oaks left Romania this week travelling via Bucharest, Vienna and Dubai on the way to Christchurch. Fercu, who has scored 22 tries in 51 games for Romania, pulled out of the squad at the last minute citing a fear of flying and has been replaced by Adrian Apostol.
Romanian rugby president Alin Petrache said despite several discussions with the winger he could not be talked into boarding the plane.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...abies-drive-20110901-1jo8k.html#ixzz1WqXxBpZy

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I wouldn't get on either if they were telling me it was 40 hours. What are they in, a Piper 6?

D

daz

I wouldn't get on either if they were telling me it was 40 hours. What are they in, a Piper 6?

Are they going via Mars?

Why not charter a plane? Surely the government could levy a RWC11 tax to pay for it. Or hit the IRB for a loan; they have more money than the top 4 banks in Australia combined.....

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I can't see either Argentina or Scotland beating England; so the key match will be Scotland v. Argentina to see who goes through to the Q/Fs.

After seeing Scotland play Italy and Argentina play Wales recently you would have to lean towards Scotland, though you have to take into account that it was the first test for the Pumas playing in Europe, this year.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Thought I'd shamelessly bump this thread given we are minutes away from the game of the tournament - Scotland vs. Romania. Excited to see how Ritchie Gray goes though, I reckon he could be a real standout of this tournament

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
The Scots seem to not be aware of the flopping all over the ruck infringement. Either that or they are just plain thick.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If the Romanian tackles were more effective, you get the impression that they'd be accounting for the Scot attack.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Jeez that is such a shit call from the ref on the obstruction. When the defender makes a terrible decision in defense like that they are effectively taking themselves out of the play. I really hope this call and the one from last night aren't a sign of things to come.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Brilliant maul from the Romanians, their forwards are really good. If they had half decent backs, the match would be a lot closer than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.