• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Pre-season Trial: Highlanders v Waratahs - Friday 19 February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Paddy Ryan
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
3. Angus Ta’avao
4. Dean Mumm
5. Sam Lousi
6. David Dennis
7. Michael Hooper (C)
8. Jed Holloway
9. Nick Phipps
10. Kurtley Beale
11. Andrew Kellaway
12. David Horwitz
13. Rob Horne
14. Reece Robinson
15. Israel Folau
Reserves:
16. Tolu Latu
17. Jeremy Tilse
18. Benn Robinson
19. Will Skelton
20. Jack Dempsey
21. Matt Lucas
22. Bryce Hegarty
23. Zac Guildford
24. Jake Gordon
25. Matt Carraro
26. Senio Toleafoa
27. Matt Sandell
28. Hugh Roach
29. Ned Hanigan
30. Brad Wilkin
31. Bernard Foley
32. Harry Jones

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reading what they've been doing during the week wouldn't be surprised if we get smashed in this, should be very fatigued.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Reading what they've been doing during the week wouldn't be surprised if we get smashed in this, should be very fatigued.
Agreed. They'll struggle.

Will need Folau, Lousi, Foley and whoever else didn't go on the trek to set the standard for the others to follow.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any chance this game might find its way on to YouTube. I'm out and about tonight but wouldn't mind watching the replay.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Any chance this game might find its way on to YouTube. I'm out and about tonight but wouldn't mind watching the replay.

No live stream. I assume it will be like the trial against the Chiefs last week and there will be a couple of minutes of highlights posted online.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Definitely not the end of the world!

He misses the Reds and Highlanders at home and the Brumbies away (and the bye). The Brumbies was a likely loss anyway and Hegarty, Beale and Horwitz will fill in fine. He gets a month off to recharge his batteries after Japan.

This will only become an issue if one or more of those three get injured.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Definitely not the end of the world!

He misses the Reds and Highlanders at home and the Brumbies away (and the bye). The Brumbies was a likely loss anyway and Hegarty, Beale and Horwitz will fill in fine. He gets a month off to recharge his batteries after Japan.

This will only become an issue if one or more of those three get injured.

I agree. From experience, a four week shoulder injury is not the worlds biggest concern. The case often is that:

a) You're out for a few months and might need surgery. These often linger and the chance of reinjuring them is very high.
b) Its a slight knock and after a few weeks it'll be fine.

This gives him time to rest a little bit following his hectic schedule since last years Super Rugby season. Not only that, but he can ease back into the camp and play style, whilst also giving us the opportunity to test our depth and blood some younger players. This is something we haven't been able to do much during the last few years, which only reflects well on our S&C staff.

I'm more than confident in KBs/Hegartys/Horwitzs ability to fill in.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Many of his detractors will think the Tahs will be stronger with his exclusion o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.