• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC: Semi-Final QLD Country vs Fijian Drua

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Pretty excited about this game, hopefully Queensland Country get Timu, Paia’aua and Tupou. But will still be without Rodda(injured), Fa’agase(injured), Wright(Wallabies) and Perese(Wallabies).

But, James Slipper is building minutes and Tai Ford has been impressive in the back-row so should be a handy swap for Wright.

T

TOCC

Pretty strong lineup for QLD Country despite of missing Rodda, Perese, Wright and Fa’agase

255b6f04bdca4640e8fe29da04c630c0.jpg

45d3616b52e4d33c310b0a47520c69d6.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty good looking Country side.

Fijians not quite as strong as when they play at home.

Country needs to put plenty on them early and then weather the storm..

Hopefully the Thor plays for 60 like he did against them in the first 20 minutes last time.

Slipper is the chewing gum in the forwards and I am looking for another big game from Hamish S. This young bloke is the real deal.

Country by 7

T

TOCC

Fijian Drua have lost 5 or so players to the Fijian Test team currently touring Europe, this isn’t the same one that was winning matches early on in the season.. that been said, I expect them to still bring the same potent Fijian flair if the QLD lads underestimate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Whoever wins this one should win. Spirit got robbed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

B

BLR

Whoever wins this one should win. Spirit got robbed

Haha, I think we were our own worst enemies. As for this game, I would love the Fijians to win the whole lot, would be a big fuck you to the ARU.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Haha, I think we were our own worst enemies. As for this game, I would love the Fijians to win the whole lot, would be a big fuck you to the ARU.
Sounds good to me. Yeh I was having some fun

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I thought it was a red to deliberately punch somebody in the head? Probably lucky to get away with a yellow?

Seems little doubt what happened there with Slipper's eye swollen like that.

Drua have a real discipline problem. I guess they play the game pretty differently in the islands...

T

TOCC

Not a good look for Drua, completely unnecessary to get in a fight when they’d just made a good clearance.

If Tupou can continue to improve his scrummaging then he will the prototype for what future THPs should be.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
The QLD try at the 50th minute, from Tupou's initial bust, was a pretty bloody smooth team try.

Paia’aua looks like he's a complete grade above everyone else.

T

TOCC

Fijian Drua discipline this season hasn’t won them any favours, need to tighten that up, they’re well ahead on the penalty count with 20% more then the next team across the season, and then they have the eye gouging and the biting incidents.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
That was a bloody good game. Qld Country were on fire and should give the Vikings a run for their money next week.

Hard to even pick a MOTM, Timu, Tupou and Paia'aua all contenders.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Gee Timu looks the goods. Runs hard, hits hard, work rate + lovely soft hands.

Really looking forward to him & Valetini going at it next week.

T

TOCC

Taniela Tupous stats:
12 tackle busts
15 runs for 124m
4 line breaks
1 try assist
2 tries

I really like the Q Country fullback, Patrick James, he is a solid contributor, does the small things well and offers a cool head at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.