• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 7: Rams v Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Rams press the Eagles line, after about eight phases the Eagles trap the ball in a maul. Scrum 7m in front of their posts. Injury break.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Eagles win penalty at that scrum, clear play back into the Rams half with a stiff following breeze. Play breaks down on the Rams 10m line. Things becoming a bit scrappy, lotta stoppages.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Eagles class and fitness starting to show, all the play's in the Rams half. Wind stiffening behind the Eagles. Scrum to Eagles but penalised. Rams venture into Eagles half, attacking on the 22m line. All they have to do is hold the ball. Maul about 2m out, cute little pass to Rams winger, over 15m in from touch. 34-28 after 24mins.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Eagles get the ball back after kicking off, keep play in the Rams 22, Rams defence hanging on but cough up a penalty 5m out in front. Eagles take the scrum.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Rams infringe 1m out, cop a YC for their troubles. Eagles take scrum, one pass and in. 34 all, converson to come after 30mins.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Keeping the ball after kickoffs seems to be a forgotten skill today, Rams snaffle it and attack the Eagles 22m line, hold the ball for 15 phases, good defence from the Eagles until the Rams go over. 40-36, 7mins to go.

Pfitzy abandons me to do his HL duties. :(

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Once again the kick receivers bugger it up, Eagles attacking in the Rams 22m. Dropped ball, scrum to the Eagles, pressing 10m out. Win penalty (dunno what for), hold the ball and go over 8m in from touch. 40-44, 2mins to go.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Time's up, Eagles holding the ball 6m out from the Rams line. This'll be a great victory when they pinch the ball and run 95m to score. ;)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great game and great day. Pretty enjoyable rugby with nice close see sawing game to boot.

Good turn out by pacific island community and enjoyed some of the delights from food stalls.

Rams definitely improved as season went on - just a pity did not start with Walton at 10 and Asquith at 12 and might have been different.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
3,000? :mad: 10,000 if there was one! ;)

2,500 looked about right. Great crowd, great atmosphere.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I had to swallow some bile to give that Shield away. Especially to Paddy :mad:

Hell of a game. Rams forwards smashed it hard. Eagles' backs smashed it harder. Two kicks from Asquith off the tee could have retained the Shield at least.

Oh well. As I was saying to one of the Rams' stakeholders afterwards - compact nature of the competition means its hard to get combinations.

However, we both agreed that Walton at 10 could have got us into the finals, had it happened a couple of weeks earlier.

Some Rams boys should be in line for contracts after the last month. Particularly the forwards.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
I had to swallow some bile to give that Shield away. Especially to Paddy :mad:

Hell of a game. Rams forwards smashed it hard. Eagles' backs smashed it harder. Two kicks from Asquith off the tee could have retained the Shield at least.

Oh well. As I was saying to one of the Rams' stakeholders afterwards - compact nature of the competition means its hard to get combinations.

However, we both agreed that Walton at 10 could have got us into the finals, had it happened a couple of weeks earlier.

Some Rams boys should be in line for contracts after the last month. Particularly the forwards.

At least tell us you made him pry it from your hands.

I'd be disappointed if at least 4 or 5 of the Rams boys aren't picked up.

Don't get me started on Walton at 10. So bloody obvious you have to question why it didn't happen sooner.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not "pry" exactly. He at least asked me what my name was. When @Lindommer wryly mentioned how close the game was, he just said "Chalk up a W!" and I wanted to punch him all over again (Paddy, not Lindo).

I got to present The Bell as well. Again, to Paddy.

Anyways, some photos should show up soon.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tell me about Walton at 10 - been banging on for weeks about this....and having watched closely Walton at close quarters today I can say he is quite polished.

Given Eagles been the top team so far - to only lose by 4 points in close battle was no disgrace. Rams should be proud of their forward progress this season and progress off the field - as today's crowd and pacific island fan attendance was outstanding in view of where this competition is at.

Take a bow for those involved behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.