• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 5: Brisbane City v QLD Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BRISBANE CITY:

1. JP Smith, 2. Moli Sooaemalelagi, 3. Ruan Smith, 4. Zach Moimoi, 5. Nathan Den Hoedt, 6. Adam Korczyk (C), 7. Matt Gicquel, 8. Sam Wallis, 9. Scott Gale, 10. Quade Cooper, 11. Jaye Thompson, 12. Matt Gordon, 13. Tautalatasi Tasi, 14. Con Foley, 15. Karmichael Hunt
Replacements: 16. Sean Farrell, 17. Josh Nasser, 18. Feo Fotuaika, 19. Jale Vakaloma, 20. Tuaina Tualima, 21. Fraser McReight, 22. Moses Sorovi, 23. James Dalgleish
FORM:

L L W W
QLD COUNTRY:

1. Richie Asiata, 2. Effi Ma’afu, 3. James Slipper, 4. Harry Hockings, 5. Angus Blyth, 6. Angus Scott-Young, 7. Tom Kibble, 8. Harry Wilson, 9. Tate McDermott, 10. Hamish Stewart, 11. Filipo Daugunu, 12. Duncan Paia’aua ©, 13. Chris Feauai-Sautia, 14. Jock Campbell, 15. Jordan Petaia
Replacements: 16. Alex Casey, 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Jake Simeon, 19. Rob Puli’uvea, 20. Michael Wood, 21. Harry Nucifora, 22. Patrick James, 23. Tom Lucas

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
3pm Sunday kick off. Andy Purcell Cup match

And a fine trophy it is too.

In its previous mid-life from 1988 to 1995 - until the end of the amateur era - it was the Brisbane City v Qld Country winners' trophy as well (they should have left those names engraved on it - or put 'em back on).

Andy Purcell.png

dru

David Wilson (68)
Looking forward to this. Country are one of the form teams but City will be fired up for the derby.

Front row has to be to City. Both sets of locks seem to be a developing project. Loose forwards to Country I think, though I really like the way that Korczyk seems to be muscling up into his body.

Back line I think is a clear win to Country even though I think Quade and Hunt can be the two best on the field.

Should be a Country win, so Go City! :)

MungoMan

Ward Prentice (10)
Looking forward to this. Country are one of the form teams but City will be fired up for the derby.

Front row has to be to City. Both sets of locks seem to be a developing project. Loose forwards to Country I think, though I really like the way that Korczyk seems to be muscling up into his body.

Back line I think is a clear win to Country even though I think Quade and Hunt can be the two best on the field.

Should be a Country win, so Go City! :)
12 all 35 minutes in

dru

David Wilson (68)
Finally caught up with this game.

City forwards pack enabled Quade to dictate and win this game.

Stewart though is looking good. He's starting to make decisions that are his own not dictated by someone like Thorn trying to turn the job of 10 into a loose forward. He'll do well building his ability with room to move in the NRC.

I understand why Gale gets 9 over Sorovi. I mentioned before in QPR that I think Gale stands heads above QPR in a way, say, that Hunt didn't.

Outside of Slipper, who is the Country front row (incl 16, 17, 18). I really thought that th Smith boys would own them. Which they did, erm, sort of. Well done Country.

Thought the Country loosies a bit quiet, mostly ditto City though Korscyk is looking like he deserves higher honors. Paia'au quiet. Thought Tasi Gordon and Hunt owned the backs.

But the game was won on game management 101, put it down to Quade all the way.

dru

David Wilson (68)
PS both sides need the locks to step up in muscle heaps more. Need to be more abrasive. More power. All of them starting, bench, both sides.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Country front row is 1. Richie Asiata, 2. Effi Ma’afu, 16. Alex Casey, 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Jake Simeon

dru

David Wilson (68)
Country front row is 1. Richie Asiata, 2. Effi Ma’afu, 16. Alex Casey, 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Jake Simeon

They were second best, but not much against a truly inspiring front row opposition.

Locks (both sides) not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.