• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 4: Perth Spirit v Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Wd16drN3_normal.jpeg
vs
4rLnog3b_normal.jpg

Where: McGillivray Fields, UWA Park, Perth
When: Saturday 12 September. Kick Off at 3:30pm AWST (5:30 pm AEST)
Match Referee: Ed Martin
Assistant Referees: Graham Cooper, Pat Davis

Broadcast Information: foxsports.com.au and FOX SPORTS Now

2015 Perth Spirit Form Guide: LLL
2015 Canberra Vikings Form Guide: BWW

Last Time They Met: 23/08/14; Canberra Vikings 23 - 28 Perth Spirit; Viking Park, Canberra

Match Notes:

Wd16drN3_normal.jpeg
Perth Spirit
Team TBA

4rLnog3b_normal.jpg
UC Vikings
1. Allan Ala'alatoa
2. Robbie ABEL
3. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN
4. Jordan SMILER
5. Blake ENEVER
6. Dean OAKMAN-HUNT
7. Jarrad BUTLER (c)
8. Ita VAEA
9. Joe POWELL
10. Rodney IONA
11. Lausii TALIAULI
12. James DARGAVILLE
13. Nigel AH WONG
14. Francis FAINIFO
15. Aidan TOUA

16. Albert ANAE
17. Sione TAULA
18. Tyrel LOMAX
19. Rowan PERRY
20. Gareth CLOUSTON
21. Brent HAMLIN
22. Mitch THIRD
23. Jerome NIUMATA

@RugbyReg says (http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nrc-2015-round-4-preview/)
McGillivray Fields host this match between the team that has probably been the most impressive so far and the one that has probably been the most disappointing. Whilst the Rays have had to face number 1 and 2 on the ladder (this week they face number 3), their 2nd round loss to the Rays was really one that got away for the 2014 Grand Finalists.
The Vikings have travelled along fairly untested so far, in a way that has been eerily similar to the Rising of 2014, having scored bonus point wins in both of their games this season. Their challenge this week will be trying to get their head around who they will actually face in the Spirit side, as the Perth unit continue with their rotational tactic.
Key Match ups:
I have to chuck a caveat in here as this is undoubtedly the hardest match up to do in advance of teams being named. I’ve failed in my guesses as to the Vikings team twice in a row now, and the Spirit is just too hard to pick given their policy of mixing teams up every week. But let’s give it a go.
Nigel Ah Wong has been terrorising opposition in the early rounds combining his pace and size to wreak havoc on defensive lines. In both those games he’s had about 10kgs (and 10cm) on his direct opposite number. This week we could see Junior Rasoloea finally match him for physicality for the Spirit meaning Ah-Wong should not get it all his own way in defense nor attack.
In another wonderful example of the value of the NRC we will hopefully see the propping prodigy in 22 year old Ollie Hoskins facing up to the veteran Wallaby Ben Alexander. Alexander was one of the break out stars of the 2007 Australian Rugby Championship (ARC) for the Western Sydney Rams, going on to make his Wallaby debut the following year. There is plenty of prop talent running around in this year’s NRC and Hoskins is definitely one that has been identified for higher honours down the track.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
Perth Spirit v UC Vikings, Saturday 12 September 2015.
1) Allan Ala'alatoa
2) Robbie Abel
3) Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
4) Jordan Smiler
5) Blake Enever
6) Dean Oakman-Hunt
7) Jarrad Butler (c)
8) Ita Vaea
9) Joe Powell
10) Rodney Iona
11) Lausii Taliauli
12) James Dargaville
13) Nigel Ah Wong
14) Francis Fainifo
15) Aidan Toua
RESERVES
16) Albert Anae
17) Sione Taula
18) Tyrel Lomax
19) Rowan Perry
20) Gareth Clouston
21) Brent Hamlin
22) Mitch Third
23) Jerome Niumata

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Vikings Changes for Round 4

Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin comes off the bench as tighthead prop to replace Ben Alexander who is being rested or in Team Rehab.

Frankie Fainifo comes off the pine to make his NRC starting debut, in a straight swap for Jerome Niumata.

Aidan Toua similarly comes off the pine to make his NRC starting debut, replacing Christian Lealiifano at fullback who is being rested or in Team Rehab.

Dean Oakman-Hunt will make his NRC starting debut at BSF, as Jordan Smiler is moved into the second row to replace Rory Arnold, who is being rested or in Team Rehab.

Albert Anae will make his NRC debut on the bench, in his first game back on Australian Soil after playing with Italian club Benetton Treviso.

Gareth Clouston will make his debut on the bench after having trained with the Vikings in 2014, and captaining Tuggeranong in the John I Dent Cup Grand Final.

Tyrel Lomax will be making his NRC debut from the bench having graduated from the ACT Griffins to claim the bench spot vacated by the promotion of Les Leulua’iali’i-Makin.

Mitch Third has been recalled to the bench after playing for the ACT Griffins last week.

Vikings debutants: Gareth Clouston, Albert Anae & Tyrel Lomax
COgajiPU8AA_9Jz.jpg

Pic: @UC_Vikings twitter

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think it's just a case of Alexander and Leali'ifano avoiding the flight to Perth.

Both have also had extra travel recently playing for the Baa Baas.

Status
Not open for further replies.