• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 3: Brisbane City v Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1pm on Sunday at Ballymore.

Live streamed on foxsports.com.au

Horan Little Challenge match.

1. Pettowa Paraka – Reds/Easts
2. Andrew Ready – Reds/Easts
3. Sam Talakai (C) – Reds/Brothers
4. Luke Beauchamp - Brothers
5. Lukhan Tui – Reds/Brothers
6. Isi Naisarani – Souths
7. Michael Gunn – Reds/Easts
8. Leroy Houston – Reds/Wests
9. Nick Frisby – Reds/GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Reds/Sunnybank
11. Alex Gibbon – Reds/Norths
12. Patrick James - Brothers
13. Chris Kuridrani – Reds/GPS
14. Mitch Felsman – Brothers (run-on debut)
15. Brad Lacey – Wests Scarborough

16. Matt Mafi – Reds/Brothers
17. Markus Vanzati - Souths
18. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
19. Jeremiah Lynch – Wests (Brisbane City/NRC debut)
20. Criff Tupou - Brothers
21. Moses Sorovi – Queensland U20s/University of Queensland
22. Jayden Ngamanu – Queensland U20s/Souths
23. Jack de Guingand – University of Queensland

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oh the arrogance...

1. Sione Taula
2. Robbie Abel
3. Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
4. Blake Enever
5. Sam Carter
6. Tom Staniforth
7. Dean Oakman-Hunt
8. OJ Noa
9. Brent Hamlin
10. Robbie Coleman (c)
11. Lausii Taliauli
12. Jordan Jackson-Hope
13. Andrew Smith
14. Andrew Robinson
15. Isaac Thompson
REPLACEMENTS
16. Connal McInerney
17. Faalelei Sione
18. Ray Dobson
19. TBC
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Joe Powell
22. Nick Jooste
23. Henry Speight

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Really don't like Coleman at 10, or in the starting line up at all to be truthful. I think he is well past his best.

But I can understand the need to shake the side up after the thrashing by NSW Country. JJH and Andrew Smith must count themselves lucky to retain a starting spot each, as should Robbie Abel in the forwards.

But on the bright side, good to see Andrew Robinson on the wing. Brings a bit of pace which is sorely needed.

Talking wingers, was it Felsman who sprinted away for a couple of tries last weekend? One over 100m and mostly due to his good work in kicking and retrieving on the run to outsprint the defense? Very impressive and worthy of his starting spot if he's the one.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Andrew Robinson deserves a start after last week...........

It's quite ballsy dropping Butler (and Powell), but having an all local backrow is great to see.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Last week at 60 minutes it was 60-0 (Vikings nil). Its not arrogance that got those good players benched; it was the diabolical way they played.

Those good players earned their benching. Its just surprising that it wasn't bloodier.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wonder if City would be working on their self discipline after last weekend saw them getting four (or was it three?) yellow cards and therefore didn't cover their spread!
If not, then the Vikings are with a chance then.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It will take a huge turnaround by the Vikings to wrest the Shield from City in this game. Before last weekend, I really thought the Shield would be at risk against the Vikings, but sadly (for me) now doesn't look to be the case.

Reactions: mst
T

TOCC

Grand final rematch!!

Incredibly neither team are playing anywhere as good as they were last year, Vikings will have a point to prove after last weeks embarrassing performance, City managed a win but it was far from convincing, too much sloppy defence and I'll-discipline.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Talking wingers, was it Felsman who sprinted away for a couple of tries last weekend? One over 100m and mostly due to his good work in kicking and retrieving on the run to outsprint the defense? Very impressive and worthy of his starting spot if he's the one.

Was always a flyer/finisher in his young days. His future will be defined on how he can do the other stuff - and the NRC is the arena where he can show it, or not.

T

TOCC

Alex Horan wasn't even starting 5/8 of the UQ Premier Grade team, he was the colts 5/8.. Expecting a bit much if you think he is ready to step up and control an NRC match

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Alex Horan wasn't even starting 5/8 of the UQ Premier Grade team, he was the colts 5/8.. Expecting a bit much if you think he is ready to step up and control an NRC match

Begs the question why they signed him?

Same can be said for Coleman, except he has been around a lot longer. The better alternative would be one of the JiD 10's.

T

TOCC

After a few NRC games I've come to the conclusion that whilst Gunn is a decent 7, he is no Gill and it's bloody lucky the Reds have Smith signed for 2017.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah. I don't think he's the answer either. Sopoaga and Perry worth chasing hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Yep tend to agree, i think Sopoaga plays a little looser similar blindside so i think a slightly more traditional 7 is needed, which Perry could do well.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep tend to agree, i think Sopoaga plays a little looser similar blindside so i think a slightly more traditional 7 is needed, which Perry could do well.

I think Sapoaga very much fots the George Smith mould in terms of ball playing 7s. Not quite as hard on the ball but that can be developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.