• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2017 Canberra Vikings v Perth Spirit Sunday @ 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLR

Spirit by plenty, Spirit to enforce Vikings to swear fealty to Twiggy Ball by rights of conquest. ;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Canberra Vikings team list for Sunday 10 September
1. Harry Lloyd
2. Robbie Abel
3. Les Leuluailii-Makin
4. Blake Enever
5. Sam Carter
6. Ben Hyne
7. Tom Cusack (c)
8. Rob Valetini
9. Pedro Rolando
10. Wharenui Hawera
11. Ben Johnston
12. James Dargaville
13. Andrew Robinson
14. Andrew Muirhead
15. Tom Banks
16. Folau Fainga'a
17. Faalelei Sione
18. Joel Penders
19. Angus Allen
20. Lolo Fakaosilea
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Liam Moseley
23. Len Ikitau

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. Pek Cowan (Wests Scarborough)
2. Anaru Rangi (Nedlands) VC
3. Baxter King (Wests Scarborough)*
4. Richard Arnold (Nedlands)
5. Matt Philip
6. Onehunga Havili (Palmyra)
7. Kane Koteka (Wests Scarborough)
8. Isireli Naisarani
9. Michael Ruru (Nedlands) C
10. Jono Lance (Associates)
11. Chance Peni (Palmyra)
12. Sheldon Tarawa (Joondalup)*
13. Marcel Brache (Perth Bayswater)
14. James Verity-Amm (Nedlands)
15. Brendan Owen (Associates)*

16. Sama Malolo (Wests Scarborough)
17. Mees Erasmus (Palmyra)
18. Beau King (Kalamunda)
19. Ben Grant (Cottesloe)
20. Tevin Ferris (Nedlands)**
21. Michael McDonald (Palmyra)**
22. Ian Prior (Nedlands)
23. Clay Uyen (UWA)**

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Two evenly balanced teams, Spirit with 8 regular Super Rugby players and Vikings with 7. Could come down to the siege mentality of the Spirit against the home advantage of the Vikings. Possibly the top game of the weekend.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Two evenly balanced teams, Spirit with 8 regular Super Rugby players and Vikings with 7. Could come down to the siege mentality of the Spirit against the home advantage of the Vikings. Possibly the top game of the weekend.

The Spirit with more regular Super Rugby starters/combinations though........

Still, I like the prospect of that Vikings backrow.

But the Vikings will need to add defence to their game this week.

B

BLR

The Spirit with more regular Super Rugby starters/combinations though....

Still, I like the prospect of that Vikings backrow.

But the Vikings will need to add defence to their game this week.

We ran out of puff last week against the Rising and our bench didn't do the job so if the same happens this week we could be in trouble.

B

BLR

What a kick in the teeth the end of the game was. The Spirit must have left 3-4 tries on the field today.

T

TOCC

didnt watch it, but from the outset i didn't think that the Spirit had this game in the bag, firstly the travel factor across the nullarbor favours the home team, and the Spirit were missing some of their best players from last week like Meakes and Rona.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
As forecast, it was a hard fought game between two very good NRC sides. Was that Naisarini playing 8 for the Rising? He is just full of potential.

I think Jonno Lance had a very influential impact and he really should be given a go with the Wallabies, maybe next week v the Pumas. And though he was missing this week, Joe Powell is a must against Argentina going face to face against Tomas Cubelli in Canberra. What a contest.

Vikings saved the best to last with the best try of the match scored with just over a minute to play, to break a 26 all deadlock.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
As forecast, it was a hard fought game between two very good NRC sides. Was that Naisarini playing 8 for the Rising? He is just full of potential.

I think Jonno Lance had a very influential impact and he really should be given a go with the Wallabies, maybe next week v the Pumas. And though he was missing this week, Joe Powell is a must against Argentina going face to face against Tomas Cubelli in Canberra. What a contest.

Vikings saved the best to last with the best try of the match scored with just over a minute to play, to break a 26 all deadlock.

Jono Lance is not test quality...never has been....

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Jono Lance is not test quality.never has been..

But arguably, and imo, better than Foley. Adds a dimension of control and management to the attack, and is a far better kicker of the ball. His defense is also better - thinking about it, he is a very large step up from Bernard, but as you say might not be test quality.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
But arguably, and imo, better than Foley. Adds a dimension of control and management to the attack, and is a far better kicker of the ball. His defense is also better - thinking about it, he is a very large step up from Bernard, but as you say might not be test quality.
Don't think many would agree lance is better than foley. Hence why he never even makes test squads. I think personally you are barking up wrong tree completely with lance. At best he will be honest super rugby toiler which is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know the Brumbies aren't short on props, but could Harry Lloyd be in line for a rookie contract with the Brumbies?

He's been rewarded with two starts following his form with Wests in the JID and has been playing well, winning the scrum battle against Faulkner on the weekend.........

Status
Not open for further replies.