• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I certainly feel for Rebels fans and understand the anger and not wishing to support the national side. These are all emotions I felt when the Force were cut. I didn't really come back into the fold until Super Rugby-AU, so I get it.

All the best if this is the end (and I hope it's not).
Was thinking this morning that if we do fold, that is hope that the cream of the crop go West. Seems fair after Wessels and Coleman and co came to us.

5StarStu

Frank Row (1)
Rebels only formed around 2009 didn't they?

Were you a rugby fan pre-Rebels?
2011 but the first version was in the ARC in 2007.

Yes I was - I grew up with the game and was a fan of the Brumbies as a kid, but the Rebels are my team and my main connection to the game since I stopped playing. That won’t be replaced by RA just throwing us a national team game every year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
LClassic moment after the Wallaroos game, I was in the weary room, the RA representative (brave of him to be there tbh) got up to make a speech to a n already frosty crowd…..,and congratulated the Jillaroos for their performance!!!! Crowd booed, he scarpered after a few empty words.

he had one job

Who was it?

Wallaroos played well their first half. Dire in the 2nd.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Are you fucking serious? The dumb fluffybunny didnt even know the name of our national team?
That'll do me.
It’s was the COO. Also called the match a battle between 4th and 6th, not mentioning the Rebels name once.

meanwhile, Phil and Dan were over in Perth on Saturday night watching the Force va Tahs match. Appreantly in the company of AF.

Last edited:

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Didn’t get the name, but was English ….Chief something
This chap?
OVPqdXkt_o.png