• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

AloysforCASPrem

Frank Row (1)
Stannies are looking impressive this season. Waverly would have thrashed the 2023 squad. 10 and 13 are showing their usual class with a new uprising 15 coming out of the woodwork

RahRahRugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oakhill 1st XV 38 - 21 Trinity 1st XV
A very cold affair at Castle Hill saw Oakhill have their first home game of the year. A chopped and changed team list for the Oaks but they managed to come together quite well against a big Trinity pack.

Oakhill seemed to put away their lousy starts, with both teams hitting the ground running. The game grew into balance with both teams looking for field position due to the slippery conditions. Yet it was Oakhill's backs who broke the ice as they went through the hands down the sideline where debutant Cooper Charlwood was able to find Flynn Farrell back on the inside for the first try of the game. Although Trinity wasn't overwhelmed by this, and, led by their forward pack they were able to gain field position and then hit the scoreboard through their forward play, evening the score at 7-7. Again the game was a tight affair, with both teams not backing down despite under-par conditions. Trinity was able to find itself in Oakhill territory, and a certain try too as they went through the hands, but the last pass was plucked by Oakhill's 14 and he took it to the bank. As the half came to a close, it was Oakhill's dominance that started to surge, closing the half out with a forward try.
HT: Oakhill 19-5 Trinity

After half time was where Oakhill started to put their foot on the throat. The forwards were able to, what seemed like, gain penalty after penalty giving them perfect field position, pretty much all half. Additionally, Oakhill's back 3 were very good in their kicking game, setting up well for Trinity exits, and then pursuing space when the ball was theirs. Joe Harvey, No. 12 was immense all game, taking strong carries which often took 2 or 3 defenders just to get him down. The game grew to 31-14, before Trinity was able to charge down an Oakhill exit attempt leading to a try. Although Oakhill was able to quickly seal the game with the appearances of Darcy Feltham, Cyrus Bloomfield, and Sam Polley. Feltham slotted into Fullback and had an electrifying run beating at least 5 Trinity players, before Oakhill's 10 put a cross-field kick to the flanker, No. 7 to seal the game for Oakhill at 38-21.

All in all really good game of rugby with great quality on either side. Special mention to Trinity's 10 who orchestrated the side very nicely and will be a problem in the CAS comp this year. As for Oakhill, a really good response after what had been an ordinary couple of weeks. A real challenge lies ahead next week, as they face Knox @ Oakhill on Gala Day.

Oakhill Standouts:
No. 4
No. 7
No. 12

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
How has Scots All Saints Bathurst been going playing in the 3rds and C team slots with Stannies?
Playing Waverley yesterday in 3rds, 16C, 15C, 14C and 13C would have been a good test for them.

Pull ya socks up

Frank Row (1)
Sock Height Wrap-Up:

For Oakhill's first home game of the year, it was imperative that uniform not only met but exceeded the high expectations of the school.

Oakhill vs Trinity this week showcased a beautiful game of rugby accompanied by significant improvement in uniform standards and grooming., and most importantly sock height.

The Ankle Height Sock Committee (AHSC) saw some familiar faces in:
No.2 Luke Muriti
No.12 Joe Harvey
No.13 Mitch Holmes
No. 14 Jack Taylor Hannify
And off the bench Sam Polley, Darcy Feltham and Cyrus Bloomfield (Founder of the AHSC)

It is noteworthy how sock etiquette has evolved over the past week, with all Year 11 students now wearing their socks at knee height, in contrast to last week's sub-par display of uniform. This change clearly reflects the school's recognition of the importance of proper sock height. Once again, the forwards demonstrate their commitment to uniform standards, with only one player displaying ankle-high socks. However, it appears the backs have yet to fully adopt this practice.

Most importantly, Aesthetic Player of the Week goes to Lukas Butler the number 8. Where to begin. Socks to the knees. Shirt tucked into the pants. Not a speck of colourful tape on the young gun. And to top it all off, the bloke is only in year 10. The future is bright for Oakhill with positive role models such as Lukas.

Socks up and out.

ISA

Stan Wickham (3)
Auggies coming away with a great day down on the beaches at rat park. Auggies won every single game in every grade in age against cranbrook. With just a very few sides going down to some Joeys and Scots team. Managed to watch the 1sts, 2nds, as well as the 15As and 15Bs. Obviously the opens smashed the Cranbrook sides but I was quite impressed with the 15As and 15Bs. The younger age groups go quite unnoticed on this forum and I would certainly like to hear more of them because from what I saw in those 15s games. The quality and standard of footy has increased drastically since i last watched games like that.

They/them

Frank Row (1)
Sock Height Wrap-Up:

For Oakhill's first home game of the year, it was imperative that uniform not only met but exceeded the high expectations of the school.

Oakhill vs Trinity this week showcased a beautiful game of rugby accompanied by significant improvement in uniform standards and grooming., and most importantly sock height.

The Ankle Height Sock Committee (AHSC) saw some familiar faces in:
No.2 Luke Muriti
No.12 Joe Harvey
No.13 Mitch Holmes
No. 14 Jack Taylor Hannify
And off the bench Sam Polley, Darcy Feltham and Cyrus Bloomfield (Founder of the AHSC)

It is noteworthy how sock etiquette has evolved over the past week, with all Year 11 students now wearing their socks at knee height, in contrast to last week's sub-par display of uniform. This change clearly reflects the school's recognition of the importance of proper sock height. Once again, the forwards demonstrate their commitment to uniform standards, with only one player displaying ankle-high socks. However, it appears the backs have yet to fully adopt this practice.

Most importantly, Aesthetic Player of the Week goes to Lukas Butler the number 8. Where to begin. Socks to the knees. Shirt tucked into the pants. Not a speck of colourful tape on the young gun. And to top it all off, the bloke is only in year 10. The future is bright for Oakhill with positive role models such as Lukas.

Socks up and out.
In defence of The Ankle Height Sock Committee (AHSC) players such as Luke Muriti with monstres sized calf, (they are that big people call them cows) the socks simply don't fit around his calves and if they did why would he cover them every team oakhill has played have told me they have nightmares about his calves.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
A mixed bag from our ISA boys this weekend past:

Result of the week for mine has to go to Stannies gut wrenching loss to Waverley. Waverley probably thinking of themselves as competition front runners and to have Stannies push them all the way sends a warning to all ISA teams

Honourable mention to Pius over Grammar. Grammar are said to be quite strong in this cohort so it's very good to see Pius now take 3 on the bounce in the trial fixtures - trouble is a-brewing in Chatswood. You've all been warned!

Trial May 18th 2024:
Result:
Auggies v Cranbrook​
53 - 17 W​
Gregs v Barker​
17 - 22 L​
Kinross v Aloys​
59 - 15 W​
Oakhill v Trinity​
38 - 21 W​
Pats v Knox​
7 - 54 L​
Pius v Grammar​
25 - 15 W​
Stannies v Waverley​
19 - 22 L​

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
If there was ever a chance to prosecute an ISA clean sweep, this weekend must come close. Take a look at the games below:

Saturday May 25th:
Auggies v Waverley @ Rat Park - Auggies have to go in as favourites here
Gregs v Trinity @ Gregory Hills - typical St. Greg's toughness versus a side struggling for form?
Kinross v Cranbrook @ Orange - Kinross with their tails up AND at home?
Oakhill v Knox @ Castle Hill - probably the match of the round. C'mon Castle Hill you can do it!
Pats v Grammar @ Strathfield - a tighter game than what you'd expect but Pats as warm favourites
Pius v Aloys @ Oxford Falls - 4 in a row Chatswood?
Stannies v Barker @ Hornsby - is a famous victory on the cards from the rapidly improving Stannies???

A killer weekend of Rugby. Get out and support your school!

geoff

Frank Row (1)
Wishing Jordan Hood a speedy recovery, potential MCL Tear for the 5ths star player. Could be a big miss if both he and Alex Meyer are unavailable for the Oakhill Gala Day

Last edited:

RahRahRugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
ISA Power Rankings Week 3:
ISA Rankings.png

St Augustines:
Another huge win for Auggies. Seemed like they were running through the motions for the majority of the game, still comfortably leading, and then in the end piling a huge total on Cranbrook.

Still yet to show any signs of slowing down and hopefully, we will be able to see one of the all-time seasons in 2024 if they can remain unbeaten.

Once again - who's gonna beat em?

Oakhill:
Very important win for Oakhill in what seemed like a bit of a statement after a couple of mediocre weeks. Oakhill really fell into a nice groove this week, giving Trinity nothing easy and making them work for their points. Additionally, it was nice to see some of that attacking flair back, putting 38 points on the board.

Another big test for the Castle Hill men this week against Knox @ home. It's Oakhill's Gala Day, so should make for a cracking game and an even better atmosphere.

St Pius:
That looks like promotion.

Another win from the boys from Chatswood, who are starting to put together quite the trial period. What's standing out to me is their ability to defend, where they have yet to concede large numbers.

It'll be very exciting to see what the Pius boys can produce come ISA season. The top dawgs need to be on the lookout.

St Patricks:
A big loss to a much classier Knox outfit this week.

It was always going to be a tough ask without one of their two stars. Although the score was a bit more inflated than I expected it to be.

Still, take this result with a grain of salt, and it will be the upcoming trials that will give us a good gauge of where they'll be at come ISA season.

St Stanislaus':
Another very positive result for Stannies this week.

Taking it all the way to the end with Waverley is a very commendable result for the lads from Bathurst. They seem to really be building steadily and nicely heading into the last 2 trials.

Stannies away is looking like a very tough fixture for any team at the moment...

Kinross:
Another blowout for Kinross, this time they were on the positive end of the result. You never know with these blokes.

Although facing a much less formidable opponent in Aloys, their attacking prowess seems to be the problem that's challenging opponents with another huge score.

Good luck to the tipsters this season, you'll need my luck with these lads.

St Gregs:
Much to my surprise was a very positive result for Gregs.

Have I written them off way too early, or, was this a stand-alone performance? For the sake of this season, I hope they will prove me wrong with more positive results in the trial period, hopefully shaping what will be a very competitive and fierce ISA competition in season '24.

See Below for my message to the Footy Gods:

Dear Footy Gods,
Please give us an ISA clean sweep this week.
Love Always,
Rugby Enthusiast - Rah Rah Rugby

Thatrugbyguy

Frank Row (1)
I managed to catch the St Gregs and Barker game on Saturday. Gregs impressed me, held their own against a good side despite no doubt missing key players due to country vs city
Few takeaways for St Gregs:
- St Greg's defended well against a much bigger side.
- Strong first half looked too good for Barker.
- The 13 and 14 really impressed me as well as the 9 who seemed to control the game well
For Barker:
- The 8 was very good in the second half, dragged them back into the game.
- Need to look to use their speed on their edges.

Was Barker full strength or were they missing players?