• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSC rugby questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pen68

Hi, I've been giving some questions relating to improving performance in PE for year 12 and need some help answering them. Any help is greatly appreciated. They are:

1. Analyse how the phases of competition, peaking and tapering, can be used to improve performance in the Rugby World Cup.

2. Describe how technology has been used to improve performance in Rugby Union.

3. Discuss the pre and post game nutritional requirements of an athlete competing in the Rugby World Cup.

Cheers.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'll throw this in the 'Rugby Discussion' board as it is more relevant and will get more responders.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
1. Don't be an all black

2. now you can get orange and white boots (they make you go faster)

3. Sausages, sausages and more sausages.

BAM done.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gees RF, I'm glad you didn't get such flippant responses when you came here with a study related rugby question.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Pen I will give you a few areas that I feel would help you answer this point.
1, Video Analysis - Allows for better analysis of the players performance in relation to specific goal set before the match. Also used to analyse the opposition players so that you have an understanding of what they are likely to do on the field. Team tactics in specific situations.
2, Compression Garments - improve recovery. Contact Skins of BSC and they will give you a head of info on the subject. Even try KooGa in relation to the Kevlar implants in the Wallaby jerseys.
3, GPS tracking systems - Allow for better analysis of the players physical workload during the match and during training. S&C can provide players with more specific training programs based on the info gained from these devices.

You could look further into ball design and boot design in terms of kicking goals and weight too.

Well that's a starting point. I would be interested in reading what you end up with if you are happy to share.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
On topic, but not particularly helpful, when I started playing grade football I was told - in all seriousness - that I should not drink any liquids at all (including water) from the Thursday before the game. And of course we believed that we should eat a big steak on the morning of the game.

I don't know how we survived.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Gees RF, I'm glad you didn't get such flippant responses when you came here with a study related rugby question.

Well the OP is wanting everyone to do his/her homework for them, at least he/she will have to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Not quite technology, but statistics are certainly an increasingly large part of rugby analysis -- most of which can be used to help improve performance.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
Hi, I've been giving some questions relating to improving performance in PE for year 12 and need some help answering them. Any help is greatly appreciated. They are:

1. Analyse how the phases of competition, peaking and tapering, can be used to improve performance in the Rugby World Cup.

3. Discuss the pre and post game nutritional requirements of an athlete competing in the Rugby World Cup.

Cheers.

It will be difficult for most people here to give you a hand with one and three. What it looks like its asking is to use the knowledge you have already learned about the phases of competition and nutrition and apply it to what you might believe they do in the Rugby World Cup. In other words, these are not really rugby specific questions beyond the specifics of needing balanced strength, speed and stamina and what you would need to 1) have a balanced recovery and preparation to have you lifting for the 4-7 games over the 6 or 7 weeks and 3) what nutrition your body needs to assist with this preparation and recovery.

You have all the information already mate. Just think about the movements a professional rugby player goes through within the game and also within an intense competition like the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.