• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Highlanders v Hurricanes, Rd 6, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Helter-skelter game.

Aaron Smith a bit jittery with his kicks early on.

Lots of errors both sides, some wayward passes behind the head of the winger for both teams.

Osbourne playing well.

Side note, the referee's pink footy boots look like they are wearing womens white slip on shoes. It makes you think.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Geez how good is the highlanders defence. Just brilliant when to attack the ball and when not really brilliant at the breakdown and counter ruck counter attack

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Don't think I've ever watched a Highlanders match where we've had the rub of the green. Still too many errors at the crucial moments.

Although Ben Smith has to be the best ball runner in rugby at the moment, not so convinced on decision making as captain.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Just re-watched the game at a decent hour-first half aside, great game to watch. I'd be interested to see the running metres from both sides, but less so the stats on errors. TJP definitely outplayed Smith this week-if he played like that consistently, I'd have no qualms about him being the AB's #2. Patrick Osborne must surely be catching the eye of the selectors, great runner, maybe a little rough around the edges.
Good win for the Hurries, Blues take note-this is how rugby should be played.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The one thing that the Kiwi sides have kicked up a gear this season s dynamism n defence, they are all more aggressive and effective

:(

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Pretty scratchy first half, but good 2nd half I thought. You can see both teams have their defence patterns worked out well, and all player seem to trust team mates to handle their own job. Actually thought after cocking up first few kicks A Smith went bloody well, he never ceases to amaze me how quickly he can get a ball away, saw at one stage scrappy ball came back. he just scooped it up spun on one foot to find someone and threw the pass. I agree TJP had a bloody good game, think he is enjoying playing behind that pack. Savea the younger also blew me away with his game up until he got injured, suspect this boy is starting to really show the promise he always had. ditto Shields.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Hurricanes unheralded forwards were the difference. Shields, Thomson and Gibbins when he came on we're all excellent.

It was amazing to see after Ardie Savea went off injured, Gibbins stepped straight into the link man role. Dropping off passes to Barrett up in the line, etc. Thats a well drilled team.

Status
Not open for further replies.