• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fox Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
They have replied to my email about the programming channel change for the Reds v Crusaders match.

They should be in politics (some may say that they already are via Rupert Murdoch's influence).

Their reply could be distilled down to "All care taken, but no responsibility given".

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
They did the same with a Reds match earlier in the year. Think it was Reds v Stormers? i tweeted Clarkie and got a seemingly pre-bake answer back sating 'only a one off'. Probably got a lot of tweets about it and frankly I was able to switch to another channel and watch it. Obviously a lot of pressure from AFL/Loig for channel space.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wonder how many viewers watched the game on delay? Believe it or not, the recording finished at about the 78 minute mark of the frigging game.

How incredibly crazy is this? If you did not also record "Rugby Central", you missed the last few minutes. Deeply dissatisfying.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Which game? It's interesting, I watched both round one games and the Highlanders v Blues game on the Foxtel app, and only had the full-time wrap - the other two just finished at full time, maybe 30 seconds of chat after but that was it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder how many viewers watched the game on delay? Believe it or not, the recording finished at about the 78 minute mark of the frigging game.

How incredibly crazy is this? If you did not also record "Rugby Central", you missed the last few minutes. Deeply dissatisfying.

This is pretty common on many channels both Foxtel and FTA. Heaps of things don't run to schedule (live sport is certainly the worst).

I always do +20 or record the show afterwards for live sport. For NFL you often need to do more than that!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I used to record the NZ games from 5:00 to 7:00 (5:30 if you live on the east coast) and then the Aussie game from 7:00 to 9:00. But I've noticed lately that the game start is scheduled at 7:40 (the QLD game was 7:45) and so now I have to research start times to schedule my two hour record times. I've found Superbru seems to give accurate start times and its easy to access for me because I am always checking my tips.

dru

David Wilson (68)
This is pretty common on many channels both Foxtel and FTA. Heaps of things don't run to schedule (live sport is certainly the worst).

I always do +20 or record the show afterwards for live sport. For NFL you often need to do more than that!

It looks planned to me. Last season recording and watching the Saffers, you ALWAYS got the result to the last game before moving on the game you were replaying.

This didn't change when you record the replays either.

Status
Not open for further replies.