• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Brumbies - Round 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Pekahou Cowan
2. Heath Tessmann
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Ross Haylett-Petty
5. Adam Coleman
6. Brynard Stander
7. Matt Hodgson
8. Ben McCalman
9. Ian Prior
10. Jono Lance
11. Semisi Masirewa
12. Solomoni (Junior Rasolea)
13. Ben Tapuai
14. Luke Morahan
15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves
16. Nathan Charles
17. Chris Heiberg
18. Guy Millar
19. Sitiveni (Stevie) Mafi
20. Angus Cottrell
21. Alby Mathewson
22. Peter Grant
23. Marcel Brache

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Let's see if the Ponies can break the shackles of Foley's "Join us down here in the gutter!" game plan.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Let's see if the Ponies can break the shackles of Foley's "Join us down here in the gutter!" game plan.
It's going to be a shit fight, but if they drop as much ball as last week, and have the same poor scrum, we should put them away quite easily.... (Famous last words)..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A couple of forced changes for the Brumbies with Butler likely to start at no 8, and Staniforth to be promoted to the bench..........

It will be Staniforth's first Super Rugby game since his debut against the Reds in 2014.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Two enforced changes for the Brumbies. Five players dropped to the bench from a winning Force side. Seems like over-kill.

Brumbies' scrum and breakdown work has been brutal this year, while they've added new dimensions to their attack. If they stick with their game plan and execute a bit more accurately than they did against the Tahs, should have a good win.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
There's a big online beat up about the Force resting players.

I don't think It's warranted at all

McCalman is an improvement.
Ainsley surely can't be worse than Millar. Need to try something. This is a sensible move.
Haylett Petty is a step down from Mafi, but Mafi's gone at the end of this year. We need to develop him at some point.
Tessman is like for like for Charles in my mind these days.
Prior is a step down, but ditto, Mathewson is gone at the end of this year and has been injured a lot in previous seasons. Makes sense to keep Prior sharp and see what he can do starting.

So yeah, probably a slightly weaker team, but easily explained.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah, I'd consider losing by less than 20 points as a win for us. We don't have the firepower of the Brumbies and on the rare occasions we get some steam up in the opposition half you can expect the Brumbies to give away a penalty.

M

Moono75

Alby's service has been a bit slow for a while now so Priors extra zip will be welcome. None of the changes are terrible and it's not like they can't come off the bench. Warm conditions for Friday so the ball should be thrown around. Masirewa getting closer to that first try.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who'd want to be a Super Rugby Coach?
If Foley makes no changes he gets bagged for not using his squad and giving others a run.
When he does nothing more than shuffle the XXIII around to acknowledge effort off the bench and 6-day changeover he still gets bagged.
Armchair/keyboard experts everywhere!

What better opportunity to give these guys a chance to show what they've got against the Brumbies?
Millar did have a hard day in the office. Ainsley will learn a lot from this experience against a Wallabies Front Row.
Cottrell has worked hard both games to date (2nd most rucks made behind Hodgson). McCalman needs more game time with the new set-up.
Mafi has been putting in very little around the park. RHP has been showing 3x Mafi's rucks made).
Tessman has earned a start (but needs to improve his LO throwing).
Prior has certainly earned his start with a good NRC, trials and provides another option for kicks on goal (great conversion from sideline agst Reds).
Also maintains good experience off the bench.
All looks good to me.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
This could be a bit of a banana skin game for the Brumbies. The Force game plan is probably one of the better ones to trouble the Ponies.

If the Force defence can (mostly) keep the Brumbies out and build phases in the attacking half they should be able to rely on the Brumbies giving up penalties. Take their kicks and keep the score board ticking over and it's game on. There's a ton of 'ifs' there though.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Arnold
5. Carter
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Butler
9. Cubelli
10. Lealiifano
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Toua

16. Mann-Rea
17. Ala'alatoa
18. Leulua'iali'i-Makin
19. Staniforth
20. Smiler
21. Dowsett
22. A Smith
23. A-Wong

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having both Pocock and Butler starting could actually to be ideal for the Brumbies for this match with the Force likely to go hard at the breakdown.........

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can't see any other result than an absolute pasting for us, if the Brumbies can stay disciplined. Way too much class across the paddock for us I think. At least I'll get to see a good team approaching their peak put on a good performance.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Alby's service has been a bit slow for a while now so Priors extra zip will be welcome. None of the changes are terrible and it's not like they can't come off the bench. Warm conditions for Friday so the ball should be thrown around. Masirewa getting closer to that first try.

Agree with this, when Prior has hit the field in both games i think our ball speed has increased a fair bit.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I said the same when in the crowd at the first game and others around me (who are mostly Kiwis) agreed. Alby's service is not what it once was and I'd like to see Prior as the starting halfback for the rest of the season.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I said the same when in the crowd at the first game and others around me (who are mostly Kiwis) agreed. Alby's service is not what it once was and I'd like to see Prior as the starting halfback for the rest of the season.

Alby would be a good impact/closer player. His service isn't as swift, but his combination with the 1st 5 is also not there yet.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Alby would be a good impact/closer player. His service isn't as swift, but his combination with the 1st 5 is also not there yet.

I would agree with that. Him coming on late in the game with a license to have a dart around the fringes (something he's pretty good at) wouldn't be a bad strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.