• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

England v Japan - 3.50pm AEST 22nd Jun

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone interested in watching the England v Japan game for free via VPN and the RugbyPass TV website (you need to sign up with an email).

Stan has the rights to this game too. Watch on replay if you missed it.

Game start time is: 3.50pm Sat 22nd Jun

Teams:

JAPAN
Yoshitaka Yazaki; Jone Naikabula, Dylan Riley, Tomoki Osada, Koga Nezuka; Seungsin Lee, Naoto Saito; Takayoshi Mohara, Mamoru Harada, Shuhei Takeuchi, Sanaila Waqa, Warner Dearns, Michael Leitch (captain), Tiennan Costley, Faulua Makisi

Replacements: Atsushi Sakate, Shogo Miura, Keijiro Tamefusa, Amanaki Saumaki, Kai Yamamoto, Shinobu Fujiwara, Rikiya Matsuda, Samisoni Tua

ENGLAND
George Furbank; Immanuel Feyi-Waboso, Henry Slade, Ollie Lawrence, Tommy Freeman; Marcus Smith, Alex Mitchell; Bevan Rodd, Jamie George (captain), Dan Cole, Maro Itoje, George Martin, Chandler Cunningham-South, Sam Underhill, Ben Earl

Replacements: Theo Dan, Joe Marler, Will Stuart, Charlie Ewels, Tom Curry, Harry Randall, Fin Smith, Tom Roebuck

ref: https://www.rugbyworld.com/news/how...ive-stream-saturdays-summer-tour-match-169483

Last edited:

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Japan throwing it around early with some success but only 3 points.

England's scrum wins the penalty and then big bodies one off bash over for the first try

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
And now Smith cuts them to pieces up the middle of a planned long lineout move.

Japan have been going at 100km/h but I reckon they might get a bit of a touch up here

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Charlie Ewel's second red card in consecutive years, this one for a dangerous lower limb clearout that could have ended the career of Michael Leitch

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
I enjoyed this game. Pretty free-flowing for an international/test match.

I'm not sure what to make of Japan atm, they've never had the power to directly match it against the bigger, stronger teams, but they have traditionally worked around that through high skill, speed and a clinical and cohesive effort. I'm not sure I saw that in this game, nor that I could really work out what their overall strategy for beating England was.

I also agree with some of the sentiment that Eddie now being the Japan coach has tainted things somewhat in barracking for them.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
6987E86D-BE33-460B-AD87-64182A3357C9.jpeg

Reactions: Tex