• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Dingo's head-fuck camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Worth doing even if it's bullshit just for the mindfuck.

How long till the Kiwis are doing it?

Head-cam will give Wallabies the edge
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By Iain Payten

July 09, 2009 12:00am

THIS is the secret technology the Wallabies hope can uncover the hidden path to Bledisloe Cup and Tri-Nations success.

Star players, including five-eighth Matt Giteau, were snapped yesterday at Wallabies training wearing head-mounted cameras as part of an innovative experiment to maximise their attack.

The cutting-edge technology - the brainchild of coach Robbie Deans - features Wallabies playmakers slipping on headgear with miniature lenses on top, which feeds into digital recorders stuck on the shoulders.

Giteau, Berrick Barnes, Luke Burgess and Drew Mitchell wore the rigs during fully-opposed backline drills to capture the unique action footage.

Wary of giving away a competitive edge to rivals, the Wallabies declined to discuss details of the trial yesterday, but it is believed the cameras are being used to identify attacking opportunities.

The first-person perspective is later pored over by Deans and his Wallabies' analysts with the aim of exploring where space opens up on a field, and help players spot the chance to run, pass or kick the ball into open territory.

Mistake-free line-outs also appeared to be a goal with hookers Tatafu Polota-Nau and Stephen Moore later pulling on the headgear cameras as well.

Head-mounted cameras are used in motorsport and NFL training, but it's believed to be a first in rugby.

Deans has long been at the forefront of technology, and was the first in Super rugby to hire a full-time analyst at the Crusaders.

Meanwhile, rampaging No. 8 Wycliff Palu says he's fit enough to start against the All Blacks on July 18 in Auckland after returning from a broken hand. Palu has played two full games for Manly in the last fortnight.

"My focus is get back up to speed, that's the thing about this squad, they take no passengers. The time I have had off made me hungry and I am looking forward to it," he said.
0,,6710487,00.jpg

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Cliffy's been indoctrinated into Dingo-Bingo as well!

"My focus is get back up to speed, that's the thing about this squad, they take no passengers. The time I have had off made me hungry and I am looking forward to it,"

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Gallop will jump on the chance to use this next. But most likely for mungo-view pub surveillance :police: :nono

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Nice idea newb, gang bang cam could help them secure 3rd party sponsorship deals with 'mutual masrurbation monthly'

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So Mitchell is playing fullback then? No mention of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Newb said:
Gallop will jump on the chance to use this next. But most likely for mungo-view pub surveillance :police: :nono

As part of their contact, all NRL players will be implanted with the cameras so that Gallop can sit at NRL headquarters and watch them all :lmao:

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
AB's have something similar - in that it uses video technology - Wayne Smith has been using it with the backs. THere is a story around I can't track down.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
A GPS tracker I can understand, but a video camera? The vision must be nearly unwatchable.

H

Harfish

Scarfman said:
A GPS tracker I can understand, but a video camera? The vision must be nearly unwatchable.

Think Blair Witch Project while watching a television being held by someone with Parkinson's during an earthquake.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Harfish said:
Scarfman said:

Think Blair Witch Project while watching a television being held by someone with Parkinson's during an earthquake.
So, like Cloverfield then?

H

Harfish

cyclopath said:
So, like Cloverfield then?

I get motion sick just thinking about that movie. I imagine these videos would do the same thing to me

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I watched some of it, but had to keep turning away. It was the movement as much as the absolutely crap acting / story etc...

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
The cameras might show what they can see, but it can never show what they were focussing on. Unless Berrick's Buns are in Morty's field of view.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Just spome more shite fancy stuff. Like to see the stars when the get hit by a Big forward, tangled in electric ropes. :yay

R

Rugby Rat

It's all being done for a new Rugby Simulation Game.

It's called " Matt Gitteau. "

The cons...The games only go for about 70 minutes and you hardly ever win.

B

Burkey_The_Dog

They had trialed this once in 2008, they put a camera on Giteau during the Force/Tahs game but all anyone saw was a view of the night sky in Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.