• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Conrad Smith out of first part of RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Now when we win the Kiwis will claim it wasn't a true victory because they didn't have their 1st XV

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Now when we win the Kiwis will claim it wasn't a true victory because they didn't have their 1st XV

I've stopped caring already.

Big loss though. No SBW on top of this and they are missing the 2 form centres in there conference. Who is next in line? Fruean? Is Kahui gone for the season?

J

Jiggles

Ellison has had a very fine season thats for sure. You'd expect him or Ben Smith for a dark-horse selection.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Excuse me for being hopelessly parochial for a moment. Ryan Crotty? Only slightly out of position?

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Antony, can't see Crotty getting in unless they decide to move Nonu out one, I would be comfortable with Ellison or Ben Smith there.

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Huge loss -- Smith has been the best centre in the world for several seasons now and he almost single handedly dragged the Hurricanes into the playoffs himself. A true gentleman and credit to the sport...he will be missed in the Wallaby matches. I'd play Ellison before Fruean.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

I think you are confusing us with Reds supporters. :)

Could be worse though, Pat McCabe and Rob Horne could be our preferred starting options....

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Don't underestimate McCabe he has only been playing inside centre for what, 15 months? He may not be a Nonu or SBW, Smith or Fourie yet, but he just keeps getting steadily better.

Horne and McCabe are not slicers in attack, but they can and do chop people in defense. Pretty important with so many sides playing off pick and goes.

The ABs can go wide nicely, as per ireland test1, but even Cruden + SBW would have to work hard to break our backrow /centre defensive coverage in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.