• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Brumbies 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Should be a cracker of a game, and will tell us a little of who's going to be around at the death. Hope we put them to the sword, a fast start for the Brumbies in 2015 could win us the comp. .

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
After watching every round 1 game, I thought these two teams were easily the best performers.

The Chiefs might welcome back some of their All Blacks who were rested by the NZRU last week which will give them a boost.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Cheifs will probably have Cruden, Nanai-Williams and Retallick (and maybe more) all returning. Their game on the weekend was fast paced from go to whoa (courtesy of McKenzie I think), and SBW hasn't lost any of his unloading in traffic skills. They will be a real test of where the Brumbies are atm.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
So do they just do a straight swap of Doyle for Pocock, or move Butler to 7 and start Vaea (or Fotu if fit) at 8? I reckon bringing in Doyle might be the go, less disruptive and I'm not sure Vaea is up to a full game yet

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Doyle in Id say, I heard he had a cracker vs nsw gen blue. Don't think Vaea up for a full game.

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
And who plays 15 if Robbie is out. Moggy says he's fit enough and keen to play. But James Dargaville looked very good when he came on last week. He might be an option?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
And who plays 15 if Robbie is out. Moggy says he's fit enough and keen to play. But James Dargaville looked very good when he came on last week. He might be an option?

Who's the 7's guy again, I believe his aiming for 15.. But I think Coleman will play they would have said else wise by now..

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The Chiefs have the luxury of possibly recalling Aaron Cruden, Liam Messam and Brodie Retallick for this weeks match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't forget Tameifuna, Afeaki (maybe), Nanai-Williams, Tamanivalu, Gear

It's actually amazing the Chiefs won away without all those big names.

Incredible squad.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't forget Tameifuna, Afeaki (maybe), Nanai-Williams, Tamanivalu, Gear

It's actually amazing the Chiefs won away without all those big names.

Incredible squad.

Chiefs reserves did a great job but I was totally unimpressed with the Blues. I think this Chiefs team will find this week a massive step-up, so I think they'll be choosing any of their star players that they can.

With the Brumbies in sublime early season form this will be the match of the round, absolutely no doubt.

Reactions: Ash

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
This game is going to be awesome. Games between these two are usually close. Am I right in recalling the fixture ended up a draw a few years ago (2013 or 2012?)

I was going to go out on a limb and pick a draw, but the loss of Pocock might have turned things in the Chiefs' favour.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The 2015 Super Rugby Champions have named their team:

Chiefs – 15 James Lowe, 14 Bryce Heem, 13 Charlie Ngatai, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Brad Weber, 8 Maama Vaipulu, 7 Sam Cane, 6 Liam Messam (c), 5 Michael Fitzgerald, 4 Matt Symons, 3 Siate Tokolahi, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Jamie Mackintosh.
Subs: 16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Pauliasi Manu, 18 Ben Tameifuna, 19 Brodie Retallick, 20 Tevita Koloamatangi, 21 Augustine Pulu, 22 Damian McKenzie, 23 Seta Tamanivalu.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Beat that team at home and you've just about got one hand on the trophy. Like to see it, but Chiefs could be too good with their ABs coming back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.