• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Cheetahs vs Jaguares - Round 1, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheetahs: 15 Clayton Blommetjies, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 Francois Venter (c), 12 William Small-Smith, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Fred Zeilinga, 9 Shaun Venter, 8 Niell Jordaan, 7 Uzair Cassiem, 6 Boom Prinsloo, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Carl Wegner, 3 Maks van Dyk, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Charles Marais

Substitutes: 16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Luan de Bruin, 19 Reniel Hugo, 20 Henco Venter, 21 Paul Schoeman, 22 Tian Meyer, 23 Niel Marais

Jaguares: 1- Lucas Noguera Paz, 2- Agustín Creevy (c), 3- Ramiro Herrera, 4- Guido Petti, 5- Tomás Lavanini, 6- Pablo Matera, 7- Rodrigo Báez, 8- Leonardo Senatore, 9- Martín Landajo, 10- Nicolás Sánchez, 11- Emiliano Boffelli, 12- Jerónimo De la fuente, 13- Matías Moroni, 14- Santiago Cordero, 15- Joaquín Tuculet.

Subtitutes: 16- Julián Montoya, 17- Santiago García Botta, 18- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 19- Matías Alemanno, 20- Facundo Isa, 21- Gonzalo Bertranou, 22- Santiago González Iglesias y 23- Matías Orlando.

Free State Stadium - Bloemfontein

Free_Stadium.jpg

T

TOCC

I'm disappointed teams named after animals don't model their jerseys off the animal... Imagine a Cheetas vs Jaguar jersey clash!

dbe8049e1a52d470ac406bb0fa16740d.jpg

Also, Jaguares by 30

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Jaguares are playing with 13 players. Nicolas Sanchez and Martin Landajo out by yellow cards

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Jaguares a point in front with 10 to go. Cheetahs have been second rate but Jaguares have been very ill-disciplined and I suspect some will end up in front of the citing commissioner. Jaguares too prone to throw the impossible pass rather than go to ground and reset. There have been some cracking tries though.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just watched this game. I really enjoyed it despite the poor discipline. The running rugby from both sides was highly entertaining. The game had everything long range tries, intercept try, a try resulting from a chip kick, grubber kicks, flick passes, turnovers at the breakdown particularly by the Jaguares and a drop goal.

The Cheetahs scrum was surprisingly dominant.

Jaguares were lucky not to be down to 12 at stage. Lavanini led with his knees as one of the Cheetahs scored in the corner. Thankfully his knees didn't make any significant contact. If they did he would have joined Sanchez and Landajo on the sideline for a period.

Well done Jaguares on winning your first game. Will definitely do a lot of damage in the competition.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cheetahs scored an intercept try and then, when the Jaguars were down to 14 men a penalty try (foul play not from a scrum), and then 2 more tries while the Jaguars had 13 players, and still couldn't win.

T

TOCC

Very ill disciplined Jaguares side, they should have had 3 YC's when their lock landed his knee into the back of a tryscorer.

Understand it was their first game and they wanted to announce their arrival but they're going to struggle at the judiciary if they keep that sort of behaviour up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

galumay

Yep, it was a mixed bag, the Cheetahs played like they so often do, exciting but smoehow snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The Jaguares showed they have the players to beat any team, 21 test players from the RWC is a formidable line up, but they also showed they still struggle with the discipline required at this level. Another side would have closed the game out while they were down to 13 men. Still its pretty obvious they will win a lot of games this season, its never easy to grind a win out, playing away in SA.

T

TOCC

Jaguares lock Tomas Lavanini has been cited, he was the player I referenced above for striking a player after he has scored a try. He lead with his knee Into the side/ribs of a player who had already grounded the ball for a try.

I'm going to take a stab at the SANZAAR lottery and say 3week ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.