• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Mule

Sydney Middleton (9)
correct, after sydney/country/presidents play this week (Regionals) the selectors pick the 4 next-step squads (picked in this order with eligibility clashes): Sydney, Country, NSW Schools I and NSW Schools II - who then all play each other in a Waratahs U16s trial round robin

Mule

Sydney Middleton (9)
IMG_2060.jpeg

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
It's a shame AI can't fill the rest of these in. But there ought enough of you pass on some scores from the last 2 weeks so we can do up some tables. Thanks again @Mule for posting yours.

Another ugly weekend for Aloys, only one team (the age group who were the best of the school last year) getting any points at all.

View attachment 19650
Hi Hector
14As Waverley v Cranbrook, Cranbrook forfeited this game

RugbyBot

Peter Burge (5)
Jarrah McLeod and Archie Saunders from Knox starting for Aus U20s against Ireland tomorrow. Hope they turn it around from the loss to Italy.

Soupnasty

Peter Burge (5)
Now that the rep season is over, some strange selections (always is) and an absolute missed opportunity for CAS to beat GPS (in both 1 and 2).
We can now get back to the CAS comp.
Predictions?
Clearly Barker, Knox and Waverly (intentionally listed in alphabetic order) are the the front runners

Nevergiveup

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Barker v Waverley game on the 27th July will determine the form guide and it’s at Death Valley. Knox host Waverley on the 3rd Aug and then play at Barker in the final round.

RugbyBot

Peter Burge (5)
Predicting it will be Barker v Knox for the title on the last day. The Barker kids will be in fine voice and hopefully the stakes will be high enough to actually get some Knox students there as well.

moa999

Ted Thorn (20)
9 CAS names for the recently played league ASSRL champs (and NRL club affiliation where mentioned) explaining some of those who didn't play in the Schools tournaments.
Also a lot of GPS and ISA lads per this Zero tackle article first linked in ISA thread.

NSWCIS
Jaxson Allen (Cranbrook School, Roosters)
Kahu Capper (Waverley College, Warriors),
Zeke Edmed (Trinity Grammar, Tigers)
James Finegan (Waverley College, Roosters)
Tom McKenna (Waverley College, Roosters)
Troy Patea (Waverley College, Panthers)
TJ Talaileva (Barker College, Knights)
Lancelot Jnr Tovio (Cranbrook School, Sharks)
Alexander Ward (Barker College, -)

Last edited:

moa999

Ted Thorn (20)
ISA thread has a slightly different score, but also notes a large number of Oakhill players missing .

scrumhead99

Larry Dwyer (12)
9 CAS names for the recently played league ASSRL champs (and NRL club affiliation where mentioned) explaining some of those who didn't play in the Schools tournaments.
Also a lot of GPS and ISA lads per this Zero tackle article first linked in ISA thread.

NSWCIS
Jaxson Allen (Cranbrook School, Roosters)
Kahu Capper (Waverley College, Warriors),
Zeke Edmed (Trinity Grammar, Tigers)
James Finegan (Waverley College, Roosters)
Tom McKenna (Waverley College, Roosters)
Troy Patea (Waverley College, Panthers)
TJ Talaileva (Barker College, Knights)
Lancelot Jnr Tovio (Cranbrook School, Sharks)
Alexander Ward (Barker College, -)
Lancelot Jnr Tovio plays for the South Sydney Rabbitohs

Waverlian2024

Stan Wickham (3)
They lost to Shore at the start of this season if my recollection is correct. Oakhill also lost to Cranbrook last year is this same trial matchup.
Thank you Scrumhead, these hot off the press statistics are the reason I wake up in the morning. So I thank you for your inquisitiveness and expertise on Cranbrook footy.

Furthering my point, I see Cranbrook are playing Trinity this weekend, this should be an interesting matchup. I think whoever loses this game might be in hot contention for the spoon along with Aloys. From what I've seen of Cranbrook, I'm not sure they can get the job done (especially after Waverley Humbled them), but one can only hope. I will be doing a pie review at the Trinity canteen, I've heard great things about this canteen, unlike the one at College oval - below par is an understatement for the atrocious pie I had try. I have to say though, Cranbrook had a lovely pie, heated to the perfect temperature and the service was second to none. The pie, wow it was outstanding. If I was to rate it on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the highest, I'd have to give it a 1.5, honestly an amazing pie, with unbeatable texture.

In other news, has anyone heard anything about Charlie Poynton being injured, a little birdie has informed me of this news. I wonder what happened this time, it would be a shame if he missed the rest of the season, his footwork this year has as smooth as a spinaleze pillow. Would be interested to hear if anyone has anymore news re Charlie's injury, wish him the best in his recovery, without him Barker would be stuffed like a pillow.

Regards,

Derrick

scrumhead99

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thank you Scrumhead, these hot off the press statistics are the reason I wake up in the morning. So I thank you for your inquisitiveness and expertise on Cranbrook footy.

Furthering my point, I see Cranbrook are playing Trinity this weekend, this should be an interesting matchup. I think whoever loses this game might be in hot contention for the spoon along with Aloys. From what I've seen of Cranbrook, I'm not sure they can get the job done (especially after Waverley Humbled them), but one can only hope. I will be doing a pie review at the Trinity canteen, I've heard great things about this canteen, unlike the one at College oval - below par is an understatement for the atrocious pie I had try. I have to say though, Cranbrook had a lovely pie, heated to the perfect temperature and the service was second to none. The pie, wow it was outstanding. If I was to rate it on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the highest, I'd have to give it a 1.5, honestly an amazing pie, with unbeatable texture.

In other news, has anyone heard anything about Charlie Poynton being injured, a little birdie has informed me of this news. I wonder what happened this time, it would be a shame if he missed the rest of the season, his footwork this year has as smooth as a spinaleze pillow. Would be interested to hear if anyone has anymore news re Charlie's injury, wish him the best in his recovery, without him Barker would be stuffed like a pillow.

Regards,

Derrick
I disagree, Waverley did not humble Cranbrook at all, winning by 7 points in a very tight game. Knox didn't humble Cranbrook either. Being at both these games the scoreline did not reflect the game... Nevertheless this is what the game is about, the smart decisions.