• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Bulls vs Crusaders Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Risking getting in trouble from Scarfman here but thought I would start a thread for the other semi, Bulls Vs Crusaders despite their being a few comments in other threads.

The Bulls are paying $1.50. Despite playing at a new ground I am finding these odds very tempting. We all saw the stats last week about how long it had been since they had lost in South Africa and the Crusaders have had a very tough travel schedule the last few weeks.

The class of Carter and McCaw cant be ignored but the stability, confidence and general aura of the Bulls should be enough to get them home.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dunno the gambling stuff but if I was a gambler I'd put money on them to beat the Saders. Playing in Soweto and with the Poofball WC just around the corner, I feel the vibe from the Bull Ring. If the Kiwis think this Orlando Stadium thing is to their good, they will be in the surprise of their lives come saturday kick off time. The occasion and vibe will be even higher and hotter compare to the Bull Ring.

My c worth.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bulls rugby are shipping 40,000 fans accross

A relative tells me you canlt find a single bulls flag anywhere in a shop

It might not be Loftus, but it will be a noisy sea of blue.

I just did a check on he odds and the Bulls are pretty consistent at 1.5 with the Saders around 2.2

C

chief

It would be absolutely awesome to be at that stadium. I'm looking forward to this match the most. It's gonna have everything in it. Hopefully the H-Cup Final isn't on at the same time. Wouldn't mind watching that as well. What a rugby weekend coming up.

H

Ho3n3r

I think what will count in our favour is that the stands are closer to the pitch than Loftus, as well as the presence of a roof allround, which will hold in a lot of the noise.

Anyone who thinks it will be any less hostile for the Saders(David Leggatt included) is in for a big wake-up come Saturday.

BUT, the Saders are coming to play, there's no way anyone would say the Bulls will waste the Saders. I am actually extremely nervous, as this is possibly the biggest chance yet in more than 2 years that the Bulls will lose a 'home' match.

If the Saders take this, they will have deserved it. Hoping for a clean game, and this is helped by Bakkies' suspension.

Roll on Soweto!

C

chief

Ho3n3r- will you be in the stands at Soweto? Any news on Crusaders line up?

H

Ho3n3r

chief said:
Ho3n3r- will you be in the stands at Soweto? Any news on Crusaders line up?

Wow I wiiiiish man! Despite the fact that I live about 10km from Orlando(much closer than 70km to Loftus) I won't be there. It's gonna be a great vibe around here I hope, not the same as Pretoria coz most people here are actually soccer fans.

Latest I could get on the Saders: http://www.sarugby.com/news/News/article/sid=13616.html

C

chief

Why are they not playing out of Amakhosi Stadium in Jo'Burg which was recently built?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
chief said:
Why are they not playing out of Amakhosi Stadium in Jo'Burg which was recently built?
Nope blame it on the Poofball lot, they made the decision. Not sure but I think Orlando Stadium wont future in the WC tournament.

H

Ho3n3r

chief said:

Had that been possible we would have just stayed at Loftus. All Soccer WC grounds were handed over to FIFA on the 8th of May.

C

chief

This is only being used as a training ground though. It is valued that extensively?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
May the best team win.

And then, let the meteor hitting the stadium take them both out.

With a few little meteorites wiping Loftus from the face of the planet, just in case. And if Saaaahntuhn gets it from an under-shot short one - well, what a few naaaaay-uhls getting spoilt for the greater good, eh? :yay

H

Ho3n3r

chief said:
This is only being used as a training ground though. It is valued that extensively?

If by 'this' you mean Orlando Stadium, that's where we are playing this weekend. Soccer City is in use during the World Cup.

H

Ho3n3r

Oh sorry Chief, you say Amakhosi stadium not Soweto. Yeah anything that an international footballer would touch in the next 2 months is out of range for any sport, even local soccer.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
chief said:
You mean not built. AFAIK, the last construction action on the stadium was the groundbreaking two years ago.

G

Geeves

This should be a classic game. After their last encounter and that try extracting a win from a loss it will be a very close affair. The big questions are how travel weary are the Sadders and how rested are the Bulls. The tactical rest decision should work in the Bulls favour. While being back on the road again after just returning home will play heavily against the Sadders.

To win the Bulls are going to have to prevent the quick turnover attack of the Sadders. While the Sadders have to over come the crowd and the Bulls pack. Bulls to win by a penalty kick.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Geeves said:
This should be a classic game. After their last encounter and that try extracting a win from a loss it will be a very close affair. The big questions are how travel weary are the Sadders and how rested are the Bulls. The tactical rest decision should work in the Bulls favour. While being back on the road again after just returning home will play heavily against the Sadders.

To win the Bulls are going to have to prevent the quick turnover attack of the Sadders. While the Sadders have to over come the crowd and the Bulls pack. Bulls to win by a penalty kick.
The Bulls will be better than the last game against the Crusaders. In that game they did not turn up at the breakdown and they got found out (again) out wide. They will be more switched on and put more bodies into the contact situation and with Jaco Pretorius back at 13 the defense will be much better.

I predict the Bulls keep it in close early on and put Steyn in position for drop goals. If they can starve the Crusaders of the ball early on it will be a big advantage.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree with Blue I think the Bulls had switched off & the saders were basically playing for thier season in round 13, it was a good wake up call for the Bulls.

The Bulls intensity will go up and I think the Saders will go with them for the 1st 60 but then the Bulls will run away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.