• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Drua @ GIO Stadium 2.35pm AEDT 26/02

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Suck it up Adam. Different refs, different interpretations, different game situations. Win some and lose some. Bit like the Reds pulling games out of the fire right on full time when the game is controlled by certain refs.
Are you still going in about that?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
RN, I'll be surprised if the Drua dont win a couple of games this year. They had the Brumbies under considerable pressure on their tryline for long periods and also made a few line breaks in open play. Any of which will result in tries against lesser committed defences than today's Brumbies.
Like tahs 40-10….last week.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
On a lighter note, I notice at one stage when the Brumby pack won a scrum penalty a group of the backs ran in to congratulate them. Andy Muirhead patted them all on the head then also patted Tom Wright on the head who had also run in.

I couldn’t help but think - bloody wingers, always taking credit for the forwards hard work.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Suck it up Adam. Different refs, different interpretations, different game situations. Win some and lose some.
lol the rules are constant though; the situation, ref or interpretations don’t change the rules.. if that pass today wasn’t forward, then neither was the Force pass last week

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I’m looking forward to BR picking 9 Brumbies players in the TOTW again based on the fact that they played out of the skin and the other 4 franchises all struggled against their opposition.
No fish in the rivers out west KOB? I already explained that I would be adjusting the Brumbies performances against the Drua if like the Tahs they put 30 - 40 points on them.

More interesting will be those who discount the Brumbies after praising the efforts of the Tahs last week.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
lol the rules are constant though; the situation, ref or interpretations don’t change the rules.. if that pass today wasn’t forward, then neither was the Force pass last week
Not what the stats sheet, ref said or history shows.. one was forward.. one was not..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No fish in the rivers out west KOB? I already explained that I would be adjusting the Brumbies performances against the Drua if like the Tahs they put 30 - 40 points on them.

More interesting will be those who discount the Brumbies after praising the efforts of the Tahs last week.
Brumbies have a higher ceiling last week cf to tahs were at round 1 (ie won ZER0 games last year). Brumbies are best oz franchise I believe and many others do too…hence was that a performance today by the brumbies that met the high benchmark we set for them. Absolutely not.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

In fairness you were pretty upfront with that criteria and stated that you were picking mostly Brumbies and Force players - I think it was 9 Brumbies, 3 Force and one each from the other 3 franchises. Each to their own though, it didn’t bother me and yes I was throwing some bait out, but only because I thought it was funny. Keep it up.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
RN, the Brumbies probably left another four or five tries on the field today as well as a few missed goals. A more clinical performance would have seen them score perhaps 60 to 70 points but for all that, the Drua were also much improved on last week. Not an exceptional performance but satisfying nonetheless.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Drua were terrible again. I’ve never seen a Fijian rugby team with such dire handling.