• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v British & Irish Lions Tuesday 18 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Also looking forward to seeing Colby Faainga tonight up against Tipuric, its rare that Tipuric would go up against a player so similar to him. It could be a great battle between the two 7s.

They played against each other last year when Wales played in Canberra

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Why does Gatland not like Tipuric?

I'd have him any day over St Sam. The Breadman has been terribly inconsistent since the RWC Red Card.

I haven't seen all his tests but he has been missing for extended periods in many of those that I have seen him play in. He has really only been outstanding in one game.

Tipuric conversely has been consistently good.

A key weakness of this squad is that the Selectors are likely to leave some gamechangers out of the Test Squad.

Having just typed the above comes the realisation that at a similar accusation could be leveled at the Wobs. In our case it is more likely to be players played in "interesting" positions as opposed to not being in the Test squad.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd assume that its geared towards St Sams fabled leadership qualities, he seems to be the first captain in a while who has kept the Welsh squad off the beer. In 2010 and in the lead up to the world cup there were a lot of drink related incidents in the Welsh camp since he has taken over the captaincy there doesn't seem to have been one. That is the only area I can think of were he is better than Tipuric.

To be honest I haven't really seen him dominate a game since SA in the world cup group stages and his (probable) test selection is Gatland sticking with what he knows best.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
A lot of people predicting a brumbies win...mm not sure myself. At the end of the day it is an understrength brumbies side against 23 test match regulars. The Brumbies starting side looks good. Strong backline and competitive forward pack. The problem, as with the Reds and Tahs game, is that there is a gulf in quality between the two benches. With that said, given that the Lions bench will be playing this Saturday, they may not be used unless necessary or at least not until very late in game.

Lions by 17

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
not many went to newcastle though did they?
most supporters arrived yesterday i thought.

i think brumbies are the best chance of an upset.

still such a strong backline.

There were plenty at Newcastle. Going by public transport to the game I have to get a ferry out of my little known suburb - yet there were heaps of them on the ferry, then on the bus, could see them all in red in the streets, singing at the game, then singing on the ferry on the way back. I was surprised as all reports were the majority of BIL supporters would be coming a little later but it was a pretty sizeable support base.

Should be a good crowd in Canberra. Rugby on a Tuesday night - its a good thing. I think the Brumbies can take the Lions. Go Brumbies!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Lions would fill stadiums with local expats, let alone with people travelling with tours from B&I.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
It's just started raining/hailing/storming down here so there goes any chance of a running game.

That helps the Brumbies IMO, Hogg at a stretch is a running 10 given its his first start against a professional team in that position I wouldn't expect too much from him in the rain.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
JSRF10, are you sure about that?

The Single Malts have taught us a thing or two about playing in the wet in recent times. The VERY VERY Wet as well.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good luck to the Smith Twins, they came some way since I told you about them in the schoolboy section. One chance in a million to play teh Lions!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
x2 very good line-out steals from Kimlin early on.

Edit: & even that kick ahead was well placed. Good start from the Ranga.

Try Brumbies, Tevita!

Status
Not open for further replies.