• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Barbarians v Fiji - 2:05am AEST 23rd Jun

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stan is broadcasting the Barbarians v Fiji game @ 11pm 22nd Jun

Teams:

Barbarians FC:

15 Chay Fihaki
14 Leicester Fainga’anuku
13 Virimi Vakatawa
12 Gael Fickou
11 Jonny May
10 Fergus Burke
9 Danny Care
1 Scott Sio
2 Harry Thacker
3 Kyle Sinckler
4 David Ribbans
5 Sam Whitelock – captain
6 Jack Cornelsen
7 Lachlan Boshier
8 Zach Mercer

Replacements:
16 Shota Horie
17 Craig Millar
18 Kieran Brookes
19 Fabian Holland
20 Liam Mitchell
21 Ben Youngs
22 Jonathan Joseph
23 Cameron Woki

Fiji Squad
1. L. NATAVE 2. Z. TOGIATAMA 3. S. TAWAKE 4. M. VOCEVOCE 5. L. ROTUISOLIA 6. M. DERENALAGI 7. M. MURRAY 8. E. CANAKAIVATA 9. P. MATAWALU 10. C. MUNTZ 11. T. RAKURO 12. A. VOTA 13. E. WAQAICECE 14. E. MOMO 15. V. BOTITU

16. M. DOLOKOTO 17. E. TUQIRI 18. M. TUNI 19. I. NASILASILA 20. K. SALAWA JR 21. M. SOROVI 22. K. VALETINI 23. I. RAVULA

Last edited:

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Here is the BaaBaa squad with their home clubs/countries. Pretty handy team/lineup. Keen to see how Sio goes. Also highlights how much talent NZ have abroad these days with people like Whitelock, Boshier, Rainga'anuku... and then people like Miller, Mitchell etc..etc..

1719018396233.png

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really fun game this one. Fiji have such lovely interchanges in tight. So entertaining to watch. I'm not sure they'll be entirely happy with the result though as they should have done better with the cohesion they have over the BaaBaas, though that said, there was some genuine talent in this BaaBaas team. That said, they were without their euro internationals so they'll be a stronger outfit once the official international window starts.

Also, how good is Fiji's away kit.

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Really fun game this one. Fiji have such lovely interchanges in tight. So entertaining to watch. I'm not sure they'll be entirely happy with the result though as they should have done better with the cohesion they have over the BaaBaas, though that said, there was some genuine talent in this BaaBaas team. That said, they were without their euro internationals so they'll be a stronger outfit once the official international window starts.

Also, how good is Fiji's away kit.
How did Sio go? Also Cornelsen?

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
How did Sio go? Also Cornelsen?
Sio's scrummaging looked good. He was putting some good pressure on his side. In general play, I wouldn't say he stood out to me. He had a nice carry or so. Got pinged for a counter ruck where he wasn't supporting his body weight. He looks possibly a tad slower (maybe even a little bigger) than he did in Super Rugby so I'm not sure if he's more climatised to the Premiership.

Cornelsen I didn't really keep an eye out for specifically. He looked busy, securing rucks etc.., but Woki stood out more for me when he came on. Boshier obviously had a good game going over for a couple of tries.

Last edited: