• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wright and McReight.

Wright is the only back we have that can individual beat his opponent more often than not. Iv'e been critical in the past of his decision making but I have no right to bring it out atm. He's been steady and offers a spark. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a run at 12 tbh even though this won't happen in a Test.

I get Schmidt must like the Kellaway type on a Wing but he's been fairly meh IMO. Have him on the bench as cover and bring in some genuine firepower that can threaten like Toole. Spread the defence a bit as they can't give Toole a metre of he's gone then open it up for Len and Wright a bit more.
I reckon playing him at 12 would encourage him to indulge his negative instincts/overplay his hand.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hooper was lavishing praise on Kellaway after last week's game which surprised me a bit.
He had a better game than some others where I think he's been very average in defence. He did a pretty decent job on Clark who barrels into whoever is there.

it's just a bit flat and one dimensional for me. We need to throw caution to the wind if we want to win I think when we don't match up player to player with our opposition.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I reckon playing him at 12 would encourage him to indulge his negative instincts/overplay his hand.
Again, I think we need to be willing to go a bit rogue.

Schmidt trying to build something so I get it's probably never going to enter his intelligent mind but I'd like to see it. 9,10,13 track for short ball after he beats the opposition 12 with footwork...

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't know what moving Wright to 12 would really achieve other than expose his defense even more than we see already.

He isn't a crash baller, he's best running with space, we'd lose his kick return threat and I think he's doing a pretty good job of injecting himself into the backline, often at first receiver, when there's a reasonable chance of making an impact.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It would seem that their respective form in recent weeks… months… suggests otherwise.
Slim, I am always a bit mystifed by people wanting the change the best (backline or forward) player in a particular team with one who is struggling to hold his own position. Happily, few coaches take notice. Tom Wright owns the fullback spot at the present time, and is only improving with more game time. Some people just need to accept that fact.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
My team for this week:

1. Bell
2. Faesslar
3. Tupou
4. Salakai-Loto
5. Williams
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Lolesio
11. Pietsch
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Paenga-Amosa
17. Kailea
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Frost
20. Gleeson
21. Gordon
22. Donaldson
22. Toole/Flook
Agree but Gordon is reported starting with Tate on the bench

We just need to settle on a halves combo

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I could be sleep deprived but I’m sure Doran originally reported Koroibete being dropped, but he’s actually injured:

The Roar can reveal the 32-year-old Japan-based winger picked up a wrist injury during his shocker under the Sydney sun at the Olympic Stadium, with Dylan Pietsch in line to start for the first time. It’s believed Koroibete didn’t report the injury until days after the Test.

Yes, it’s still there in the url.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jorgensen has apparently returned to Australia, still not over illness picked up in Argentina. Darby Lancaster has replace him in the squad. He's not expected to make the 23 though with Flook tipped for the bench spot.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Saw that Wobs are paying $7 on tab.co.nz so thought I'd compare with sportsbet.com.au & fuck me they're paying $13! Haven't looked at the margin options but some of them have gotta be tasty given that H2H.

Rhino_rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Jorgensen has apparently returned to Australia, still not over illness picked up in Argentina. Darby Lancaster has replace him in the squad. He's not expected to make the 23 though with Flook tipped for the bench spot.
Unfortunate news about Jorgensen, especially since he’s such a promising player. It’s a shame that illness from the Argentina trip is still affecting him. Darby Lancaster stepping in is a good call for cover, but it makes sense that Flook is likely to take the bench spot given his recent form. Hopefully, Jorgensen can recover soon and get back into the mix—he's got a bright future ahead!

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Unfortunate news about Jorgensen, especially since he’s such a promising player. It’s a shame that illness from the Argentina trip is still affecting him. Darby Lancaster stepping in is a good call for cover, but it makes sense that Flook is likely to take the bench spot given his recent form. Hopefully, Jorgensen can recover soon and get back into the mix—he's got a bright future ahead!
Cover… there is only one more game….???

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
We all know you secretly support the Waratahs and Wallabies.
prophecy.gif

Cyclo wheeling a printout of this Derpus post to the centre of the GAGR archives where it
will never be seen or spoken of ever, ever again.