• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd be bringing Salakaia-Loto in to start, we need his presence form the get go right now, but I'd be keeping Paenga-Amosa on the bench for the time being, as much to shore up the scrum when Bell and Tupou are off as anything else.
Agree with this. Also i think Faessler has been pretty good in that run on hooker role (dare i say developing nicely) and i havent seen enough from BPA at this point to say he deserves to replace him

Khun Phil

Bob McCowan (2)
I really thought we were going to lose by a 1,000 early in the first half, the attitude was so much better, the efforts just got better
I think the vast majority of Wallaby fans thought like you.I know I did and was very tempted to leave the pub where I was watching it,only I had just ordered another beer!

Reactions: dru

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Marika is badly out of form… he’s gotta go … Pietsch in for him…Gordon in for White at 9… Donaldson on bench because it looks as though Joe is sticking with the more experienced Test wise Lolesio, although I still don’t think he’s the best. Lynagh is not ready. I’d have Stewart ahead of Paisami but that won’t happen. Paisami and Ikitau are two alike. Toole or Jorgensen on the bench with Tate as well. Forwards to stay the same. And…. Play attacking rugby from the start… not in the last 15 minutes!

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Marika is badly out of form… he’s gotta go … Pietsch in for him…Gordon in for White at 9… Donaldson on bench because it looks as though Joe is sticking with the more experienced Test wise Lolesio, although I still don’t think he’s the best. Lynagh is not ready. I’d have Stewart ahead of Paisami but that won’t happen. Paisami and Ikitau are two alike. Toole or Jorgensen on the bench with Tate as well. Forwards to stay the same. And…. Play attacking rugby from the start… not in the last 15 minutes!
bring on LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to start?

Hogan

Herbert Moran (7)
I’d bring Lukhan into the starting team and start with Tate. To beat the All Blacks we’ll need to score plenty of tries.

Agree re Donaldson. Couldn’t understand why him and Gordon were dropped. He played some terrific attacking rugby against the Argies and kicked all his goals. Not sure what Lynagh has done to deserve his spot?

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Agree re Donaldson. Couldn’t understand why him and Gordon were dropped. He played some terrific attacking rugby against the Argies and kicked all his goals.
Not dropped (or at least Gordon wasn't) Argentinian Gastro bug.

It appears Donaldson is just the #2 option, and if Lolesio is available, he will be chosen. (Although Donaldson may have been sick too)

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
I’d bring Lukhan into the starting team and start with Tate. To beat the All Blacks we’ll need to score plenty of tries.

Agree re Donaldson. Couldn’t understand why him and Gordon were dropped. He played some terrific attacking rugby against the Argies and kicked all his goals. Not sure what Lynagh has done to deserve his spot?

Pretty sure it was reported that both Gordon & Donaldson were sick......

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Was at the game sitting in row 5 near the try line.

It was interesting to see just how much signalling and communication there is between the players/captain and the miked up "medics".

Clearly there is a communications role for the captain, both with ref and his team, but almost all decision making appears to have been taken back by the coach.

It was also interesting to see the drinks rushed on, medic goes straight to the captain for a conversation and then captain walks directly to ref to ask about something. It's all very professionally managed these days

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Fez has been ordinary start BPA with TT and Bell, drop Slipps replace with Kailea. Also LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) needs to star for that early punch. Tate ahead of Noah as we need to pressure on D Mac and shut his options down. When DMac is pressured he struggles, great bench player not a starter at this level.

Rhino_rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Chay Fihaki is another Crusader, they could have called in AJ Lam who can cover Wing from the Blues or even Proctor from the Hurricanes. Fihaki is a bullshit call, which is good news for our midfield backs.

For next game if all are fit.
Start LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Williams in the row. Frost on the pine.
Kailea on to the bench in place of Slipper.
Start Pietsch in place of MK with Toole on the bench.
That’s a solid lineup suggestion! LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Williams in the row sounds like a good combo, especially with Frost coming off the bench to make an impact later in the game. Kailea over Slipper on the bench is a bold move, but it could bring some fresh energy. I like the idea of starting Pietsch over MK—Pietsch has been sharp. Toole on the bench gives you some extra firepower to bring on in the second half. Could be a strong mix!

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fez has been ordinary start BPA with TT and Bell, drop Slipps replace with Kailea. Also LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) needs to star for that early punch. Tate ahead of Noah as we need to pressure on D Mac and shut his options down. When DMac is pressured he struggles, great bench player not a starter at this level.
You want to start Tate at 10? I think Fez has been great. Solid at set piece and his try last week needed a lot of work from him to get over the line. We need some punch off the bench.

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You want to start Tate at 10? I think Fez has been great. Solid at set piece and his try last week needed a lot of work from him to get over the line. We need some punch off the bench.
Prefer Tate at 10 plays more aggressive and creative than Noah, ABs will expect Noah's boring style of game. ABs have been strong in the first 40, need to hit them hard upfront to kill momentum start BPA and bench Fez.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Prefer Tate at 10 plays more aggressive and creative than Noah, ABs will expect Noah's boring style of game. ABs have been strong in the first 40, need to hit them hard upfront to kill momentum start BPA and bench Fez.
I’d play Tate at Prop and bring Tupou into 10 actually. Then move McReight to 15 and Wright to 7. Probably even bring Schmidt onto the wing for Marika. White to coach. That’s about it.