• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

And I thought our 7s uniform was bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Check out Englands new home and away kit:

Canterbury-England-kits.jpg

Edit: This is their 15's kit (the title was a bit misleading).

tumblr_m8s9zpo6Sb1qbnggp.jpg

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
OOh I don't know - after their day-glo tequilla sunrise version from last season I'd say that's an improvement! Not by much tho..
eng.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think 7s is just the place where the uniform manufacturers get to use up all the material colours they couldn't use elsewhere.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I just realised that title may have been misleading. This is England's 15's kit, not their 7's kit. I was just using our lime-green sevens as an example for comparison.

England's new 7's kit:

550_Kit_Launch.jpeg

T

TOCC

I dont thing the Aussie 7's outfits are that bad.. Similar to cricket one day match outfits, they are trying to create a quite prominent visual difference to the game.. So you aren't seeing a picture of a players in the newspaper and wondering whether it's a Wallaby/7's or U20 player..

I think it's a smart move to move away from the traditionally colors, it encompasses the 7's party atmosphere

Top Bloke

Ward Prentice (10)
I think 7s is just the place where the uniform manufacturers get to use up all the material colours they couldn't use elsewhere.
Thats why so many of the NZ Super rugby teams used that awful grey colour in both their home and reverse strips. After the ABs flopped in 2007 Adidas must have had 1000's of mtrs of it left over from the All Blacks "sliver grey" reverse jersey.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I don't like that lime green 7's outfit! I agree with it needing to be different but why not the colours of the flag? I'd buy one of those, but hell would have to freeze over before I ever considered buying the green one..

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Check out Englands new home and away kit:

Canterbury-England-kits.jpg

Lol, look at those black socks - come on England you've already found out dressing like the ABs doesnt magically turn you into the ABs. The black socks is kinda like they are clinging on to that idea ;)

I don't like that lime green 7's outfit! I agree with it needing to be different but why not the colours of the flag? I'd buy one of those, but hell would have to freeze over before I ever considered buying the green one..

They should be sponsored by the lemon-lime Solo.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I don't think its that bad. Nor do I think the australian 7's parrot shit green is that bad either.

But maybe thats just me.

RF,

The first line of your signature says it all.

You may end up with very little money if you start collecting weird nations 7's jumpers, not weird nations jumpers.:) There landscape is becoming more populated with the former.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I think they've chosen the colour so when the English fans get stuck into the Shiraz you can see the wine stains.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Lol, look at those black socks - come on England you've already found out dressing like the ABs doesnt magically turn you into the ABs. The black socks is kinda like they are clinging on to that idea ;)

Traditionally England have worn navy socks so they are going back to that.

I really don't mind them to be honest. The regular jersey is very traditional while the alternate strip is just that. I doubt they will wear it very often, only when they play Fiji.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
RF,

The first line of your signature says it all.

You may end up with very little money if you start collecting weird nations 7's jumpers, not weird nations jumpers.:) There landscape is becoming more populated with the former.

I wouldn't mind some 7's jerseys, I'm upto 40 nations now and Im running out of nice ones not in the top 10 to get(or atleast that can be found easily, though have some clubs in there too). Parrot Shit Green here I come!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
England's best jersey was that Centenary jersey they had a few years ago.

I wish the concept had caught one, would've liked to have seen a retro version of all the International teams jerseys.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I wouldn't mind some 7's jerseys, I'm upto 40 nations now and Im running out of nice ones not in the top 10 to get(or atleast that can be found easily, though have some clubs in there too). Parrot Shit Green here I come!

Started a small collection of rugby jerseys and I find some of the designs are pretty ordinary. Not a fan of the last two designs from Canterbury with all the excess piping.

Prefer the old school style jerseys with a collar. The closest that the international teams get to having some sort of collar are the Adidas jerseys. I think it would be great if Adidas got the contract to make the Wallabies jerseys as I'd love to see them release a retro Wallabies jersey from the late 70s/early 80s with a collar, long sleeved and with the three stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.