• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

an interesting career comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two schoolboy stars, inside backs, targetted as potential Wallabies whilst still at school.

Drafted into the Reds pretty much straight of school.

Picked on the bench for the Wallabies still as teenagers.

Come off the bench in their debut test and score a try with pretty much their first touch of the ball.

Let's just hope Quade Cooper shows a little bit more than Lloyd Johansson.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wasn't Lloyd's hype more due to a size thing? I remember seeing him play my school's first XV and he was huge in a very large TSS team (didn't stop him from getting knocked out after a head collision with a mate of mine...)

R

rugbywhisperer

Grandmaster Flash said:
Wasn't Lloyd's hype more due to a size thing? I remember seeing him play my school's first XV and he was huge in a very large TSS team (didn't stop him from getting knocked out after a head collision with a mate of mine...)

Having seen all of Lloyd's school games while at TSS I can't recall that incident - please explain.

Yes, he was a waste of potential - head got far far to big for his ability.
Hopefullyhe is learing something while overseas, but other than being a wrecking ball he doesn't have too many other positive attributes.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
rugbywhisperer said:
Grandmaster Flash said:

Having seen all of Lloyd's school games while at TSS I can't recall that incident - please explain.

V BGS in 2002, it wasn't him that got put in the ambulance?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
Two schoolboy stars, inside backs, targetted as potential Wallabies whilst still at school.

Drafted into the Reds pretty much straight of school.

Picked on the bench for the Wallabies still as teenagers.

Come off the bench in their debut test and score a try with pretty much their first touch of the ball.

Let's just hope Quade Cooper shows a little bit more than Lloyd Johansson.

I'm confident he will. Has all the skills and with maturity will shine.

T

TOCC

not really at the same points in there career, Cooper has being a starting player for 2 seasons.

Lloyd never achieved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.