• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2015 Shute Shield Final - Eastwood vs Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Woods to win.

Predictions?

Good for club rugby that it is on Channel 7 too (not 7two).

Perrett to go out a winner.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Woods to win.

Predictions?

Good for club rugby that it is on Channel 7 too (not 7two).

Perrett to go out a winner.

Why? Standard Def v High Def (I think). Are there any sets still out there that can't get all the channels? Or does 7 have wider coverage than 7two?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Cannot see how manly could possibly lose.
Not one Woods back would make the Marlins side,and only 3 or 4 pigs would.
If Marlins don't fuck up,they will win by 15-20

TGFan

Stan Wickham (3)
Not too sure why they changed the channel but good for rugby all the same - hopefully a bigger audience. I also noted that a clip / news segment from the Eastwood Souths game was on the Sunday night news.

I think the woods will get up. It's one a piece so far this year with both winning their home games.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hope rugby is the winner this weekend.

6 months back we didn't think it was going to be on the box,
We now have the Grand Final on Free To Air television - huge thank you to all clubs, contributer's, supporters, and sponsors who through out the season helped build it and make this weekend possible,

We have created the chance to promote our game,
lets hope it is free flowing,
with a great brand of rugby allowed to be played.

Up the MARLINS. - BOOM BOOM.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Still jot sure why broadcasting on 7 will mean a bigger audience than on 7two. Can someone enlighten please. Also, the SS final (if Saturday) this weekend is in direct opposition to two live ITM games and the test on Fox.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
2015 Grand Final Teams

First Grade
15 Aug 15 3:00PM Manly v Eastwood Concord Oval
Manly:
1. Mitch Lewis, 2. James Hilterbrand, 3. Jerome Vaai, 4. Ryan Melrose, 5. Caydern Neville, 6. Harry Bergelin, 7. Mitch Daniel, 8, Daniel Alley, 9. Matt Lucas (capt), 10. Sam Lane, 11. Alex Notham, 12. Reece Hodge, 13. Dennis Pili-Gaitau, 14. Richard Hooper, 15. Brenden Hartmann
Eastwood:
1. Jed Gillespie, 2. Hugh Roach, 3. Martin Plokstys, 4. James Neale, 5. Jared Barry, 6. Michael Kovacic, 7. Hugh Perrett, 8, Joey Afualo, 9. Matt Gonzalez, 10. Jai Ayoub, 11. Nick Batger, 12. Tom Hill, 13. Mike McDougall, 14. Brad Curtis, 15. Ben Batger

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Congratulations to the Woodies. More composed team on the day.

Big thank you's to Club Rugby TV and Channel 7 (7Two), John Murray and Nick Fordham, and Brendan O'Farrell from Intrust Super.

Some outstanding football has been played this year, and the Grand Final was a fitting match for a Premiership decider.

Till next season!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I thought that the Woodies would have to be affected by the short turnaround.

IMHO all games should be played on Saturdays, except by mutual agreement between clubs (during the home and away season).

I assume that a fair number of the players have to work on Mondays, they need to play on Saturday and have Sunday for rehab.

Maybe I am a bit old-fashioned, but the SS is still basically an amateur competition, particularly for the lower grades.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Club rugby in Brisbane's played on Sundays, they don't seem to've suffered too much over the years.

T

Train Without a Station

Generally it's Saturdays. Only the finals on Sundays.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
After 18 rounds of rugby 1 point separated their defensive record - reflected the tightness of the game.
Attach is a little different was Woods played Emus twice.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Maybe you just need a bit more of a running threat from your fly-half.
I thought he played his usual game.
What didn't he do yesterday,that he normally does?
You can only play well before the line,as he does,with total forward domination.

Blended a couple of threads here, and just winding back the posts a bit on the Shute 2015 thread. Now the season has finished I'll chip in a little.

People questioned Sam Lane's D -
I never had an issue with it, I didn't speak up because I was quite happy for teams to concentrate on his channel - for those that watched the finals series, I think his channels and front on D was fine - how many tries were scored on the weekend? Shit on the weekend he was playing against a 10 that would run the ball to the line, chalk still wasn't crossed.

Now the above posts from the other thread.
Re watched that game twice now, it was one of the best games of rugby I've seen. Both teams played rugby, both teams wanted to score tries, both teams had fucking awesome defence, and both teams played for the full 80.

Given the season has finished, if I was the opposing coach
  • I'd attack the 9 / 10 channel because Lucas & Lane are dangerous, have them involved constantly as it creates / opens up options.
  • If i was defending I'd ensure the channels either side of the 10 had brick walls as Dennis and Zip have scored plenty of tries through those channels over recent weeks.
We tried attacking those channel on the weekend and there were brick walls there, one case Zip fell instead of running into bricks. So we reference a threat from a running fly half - interesting, run it what a brick.

The benefit of watching the game again, I reckon we should have played with width, from tram track to tram track, but as i say I've had the enjoyment and benefit of watching it twice.

That is a game we didn't loose, Woodies just scraped home, all players from both teams can hold their heads high.

Status
Not open for further replies.