• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
As I've said before, commentators must know the "Laws of the Game", or else misinformation is spread.

in last week's game there was a situation where Ioane carried the ball outside the AUS 22, it got recycled, Aus set up another ruck - inside the 22 - and then Barnes kicked out on the full. It was the play where Carter tried the quick throw to A Smith which was whistled back. Nisbett was wanging on about how the throw-in should have been where the kick was made, because AUS carried the ball back. They did, but they set up another ruck inside the 22, so it's not carried back anymore and you are allowed to kick out on the full.

It was annoying to hear him complain about a referee's decision that was clearly right and in no way misinterpretable. Screw you, Nisbo

M

Mojoman

ABs will be happy with shutting out Wallabies & dominating match but not the mistakes. Too many mistakes after a week of talking about accuracy and improvement. Urgency & intensity are good but one day they'll come up against a form Wallabies or Bok team which will make them pay.

As for the Wallabies it doesn't take a genius to tell they are low on confidence & out of form. It would be suicidal & unsettling to sack Deans now so you've got to go back to drawing board, pick the best 22 players you have and play yourselves out of a form slump.

B

Bhagwan

, Wake up Australia, Robbie Deans is the devil. If we want to win a game against the AB we need a coach that can motivate. There really is not much between teams at this level, all that seperates them once you have the right team is whats happening between there ears. We need a motivator someone that inspires people to give there best. picking players that are out of form and holding back players that are obviously going to make a difference is not a good start. Bring on Ewen at least he is Australian!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
An utterly terrible performance. I can't ever remember seeing us get blanked by anyone, even those great AB teams of the past. We looked rudderless, clueless and completely without a game plan tonight. The upside was that Hooper and Timani played really well and there is potential in both based on what we saw in this game.

As for the others, I don't have anything positive to offer. I really have no words for how utterly shit we were and it's not like the other blokes were much better. It was a deplorable game of footy for the most part, especially the first half. The basic skill errors from us in the main, but also the All Blacks were not of the required standard for test match footy.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
I'll save the match comments for later.

But seeing Beale and Cooper having a laugh with Dagg and SBW after the match just shits me. Compare that to the gutted forwards, Squeaky in his interview, Hooper looking destroyed. You just lost 22 to nil you muppets. Tell your mates on the ABs to fuck off and have a good hard think about your performance.

Just liking this was not enough

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez mr Doug, I think you a bit hard on Owens, I thought he missed a couple of things for both teams, but if a ref pings everything, he gets shit like last week. I obviously very happy, thought the ABs played bloody well, actually thought it a bloody good game, and ok Wallabies (and Australian rugby in general) have to concentrate a bit more on agressive forward play. I think a case would be just watch how physical contact area is in ITM cup, I think there is more hurt in almost any ruck/maul than i see Wallaby forwards trying to do.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
in last week's game there was a situation where Ioane carried the ball outside the AUS 22, it got recycled, Aus set up another ruck - inside the 22 - and then Barnes kicked out on the full. It was the play where Carter tried the quick throw to A Smith which was whistled back. Nisbett was wanging on about how the throw-in should have been where the kick was made, because AUS carried the ball back. They did, but they set up another ruck inside the 22, so it's not carried back anymore and you are allowed to kick out on the full.

It was annoying to hear him complain about a referee's decision that was clearly right and in no way misinterpretable. Screw you, Nisbo

www.arcrugby.co.nz

Coming to Brisbane for NZ v SA and AUS v ARG on the 15th September.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
An utterly terrible performance. I can't ever remember seeing us get blanked by anyone, even those great AB teams of the past. We looked rudderless, clueless and completely without a game plan tonight. The upside was that Hooper and Timani played really well and there is potential in both based on what we saw in this game.

As for the others, I don't have anything positive to offer. I really have no words for how utterly shit we were and it's not like the other blokes were much better. It was a deplorable game of footy for the most part, especially the first half. The basic skill errors from us in the main, but also the All Blacks were not of the required standard for test match footy.

True...all too true.
There was a point when Beale made a tackle and lay on the ground doing nothing. This is nothing short of shit, A grade shit.
To top it off with the smiling and joking at the end really says it all.
These guys are at the point of just taking the piss!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Geez mr Doug, I think you a bit hard on Owens, I thought he missed a couple of things for both teams, but if a ref pings everything, he gets shit like last week. I obviously very happy, thought the ABs played bloody well, actually thought it a bloody good game, and ok Wallabies (and Australian rugby in general) have to concentrate a bit more on agressive forward play. I think a case would be just watch how physical contact area is in ITM cup, I think there is more hurt in almost any ruck/maul than i see Wallaby forwards trying to do.
You guys play harder against each other than you do against us - god have mercy on our souls.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Timani earnt his jersey tonight. I am happy to eat my words as he proved me wrong. To be fair though it was his first good game in 5 or so starts.

Hooper was good aswell, also did the jersey proud in a tough match. Slipper was better than alexander, higgers was good at the lineout but not elsewhere. Dennis not upto it tonight.

- Barnes was shithouse.

- Beale looks off the pace
- Genia struggles without pack dominance
- Cooper struggles without runners.
- I thought Horne went alright, Ant Fainga'a was pretty anonymous.
"To be fair though it was his first good game in 5 or so starts" - I agreed with most of your post and in particular I thought Timani played the best I have ever seen him play, which is not necessarily saying a lot. If he plays like that consistently THEN I will feel he has earned his jersey.

I can't figure out what the hell the back line formation was meant to be... Was quade just supposed to be decoy? He seemed to barely get the ball in the middle 40 minutes of the game :S

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Forward pass from Carter but great play besides that. I don't think many teams in the world would stop roll on like that.

Put the try down to Dagg's punt down the line and Barnes woeful return.

Yes it is hard to stop tries and breaks made from forward passes. I agree.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
ABs too good. We a long way off the pace. No doubt that we have gone significantly backwards under Deans.
Positives - Timani could be up to test level. Hooper too.
However forwards are incapable of taking it to the ABs generally. Must be time for some new blood.
Backs - not sure what the game plan was, but might have been nice if just one was willing to take the tackle and look to recycle. However, may just be they have no faith that the forwards will get there to support them. And they would be right.
Cooper very quiet, but got poor ball all night. Not sure why they put him in if the plan was to give so much of the first receiver ball to Barnes anyway.
Beale is very overrated. Hopeless under the high ball and seems to think he is still playing schoolboy rugby with the chip and regathering to score plan every time he touches the ball.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)

Actually it has to be a set play or it is carried back, a ruck or maul don't count

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Suspect Owens is only reffing one side right now.

Sharpe was no way near offside. No wonder he blew up.

The irony of the sharpe penalty as well as the hooper and Alexander offside in the first half after the abs spent so much time offside in the first 15 minutes. Complete joke of a performance from Owens.

Not that the result would have been different just a bit closer.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Actually it has to be a set play or it is carried back, a ruck or maul don't count

I looked it up on the IRB website because I wasn'tso sure about it myself

f) Player takes ball into their own 22. When a defending player plays the ball from outside the 22 and it goes into that player’s 22 or in-goal area and it touches an opposition player, or a tackle takes place or a ruck or maul is formed and then the ball is kicked by a player of that team directly in touch, the throw-in is where the ball went into touch.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
I looked it up on the IRB website because I wasn'tso sure about it myself

f) Player takes ball into their own 22. When a defending player plays the ball from outside the 22 and it goes into that player’s 22 or in-goal area and it touches an opposition player, or a tackle takes place or a ruck or maul is formed and then the ball is kicked by a player of that team directly in touch, the throw-in is where the ball went into touch.

:confused: wut? Should that mean attacking player? It makes perfect sense if I replace defending player with attacking.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
ABs will be happy with shutting out Wallabies & dominating match but not the mistakes. Too many mistakes after a week of talking about accuracy and improvement. Urgency & intensity are good but one day they'll come up against a form Wallabies or Bok team which will make them pay.

As for the Wallabies it doesn't take a genius to tell they are low on confidence & out of form. It would be suicidal & unsettling to sack Deans now so you've got to go back to drawing board, pick the best 22 players you have and play yourselves out of a form slump.

Sorry Mojoman, your mojo has deserted you, along with your ability to enunciate the current situation!
Deans must go to allow a renaissance of Australian rugby at the national level.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
:confused: wut? Should that mean attacking player? It makes perfect sense if I replace defending player with attacking.

just imagine the defending player ripping the ball off an attacking player outside of his (the defender's) 22 and then passing back inside his 22. If they called him the attacker there would be even more confusion because why would you call someone near his own 22 the attacker?

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Another thing with that game is we were probably quite lucky that Nonu had a bit of a Beale of a game. If Conrad Smith had been fit I don't think those passes would've been going astray. Or maybe not so lucky,a couple more tries might be worth a few games earlier departure from Deans.

Status
Not open for further replies.